Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Smith Non Binary

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I did not start a thread to poke fun though did I? If you can't take criticism of your views do not start a thread about it.

I don’t know what your motivation was, and it ain’t what you do it’s the way that you do it as the saying goes.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Nah we are tolerant of you gammon angry lot who are not tolerant of anything at all. You are just very predictable about what breaks your small little minds.

You are unable to speak to people without assuming you know what they are thinking, generalising and being quite rude. You are the one coming over as angry and intolerant.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
As a namby pamby liberal lefty, I support anyone declaring themselves as male, female, non binary, paper, scissors stone - I do struggle with some of my fellow namby pambies being unable to see why many struggle with the concept. Throughout nature, humans, animals, plants are almost universally clearly defined as male and female, it's hard to get one's head around a human existing outside of this definition. I'm not sure that a comparison with someone being gay 40 years ago really works either - That's a tangible, obvious thing that you can see, a bloke kissing a bloke, you know, something that may be difficult to relate to but sort of obvious at the same time. People need time to adjust to and accept things that are quite alien to them so, in some instances, need cutting a little slack.

There is no defence of downright abuse though, of course.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As a namby pamby liberal lefty, I support anyone declaring themselves as male, female, non binary, paper, scissors stone - I do struggle with some of my fellow namby pambies being unable to see why many struggle with the concept. Throughout nature, humans, animals, plants are almost universally clearly defined as male and female, it's hard to get one's head around a human existing outside of this definition. I'm not sure that a comparison with someone being gay 40 years ago really works either - That's a tangible, obvious thing that you can see, a bloke kissing a bloke, you know, something that may be difficult to relate to but sort of obvious at the same time. People need time to adjust to and accept things that are quite alien to them so, in some instances, need cutting a little slack.

There is no defence of downright abuse though, of course.
Great post.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Plenty of press for this . Just look at this football board as an example

Very much job done from his PR team I’d imagine

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the World has gone nuts

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Plenty of press for this . Just look at this football board as an example

Very much job done from his PR team I’d imagine

That's the way I read it, I couldn't give a **** one way or the other what or who he wants to be seen or recognised as. Just get on with it and stop bleating on about it. Personally I see it as nothing more than a publicity stunt.

Prince did it 25 years ago . . . . nothing new.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Firstly Sam Smith doesnt have a particularly good voice. What he does have is an unusually high pitched tone usually associated with female singers and he can sing in tune. But that's about it his actual voice is very average.

The binary stuff is just attention seeking nonsense

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I may be way off track here but if this discussion begins with the idea that gender is a spectrum then surely that is hard to argue against. Just looking around the people we meet and know surely shows us that this is true.

But gender is not a spectrum. The idea that gender is malleable is just wrong.

I see many different people with varying levels of masculinity and femininity. These levels do not run along genitalia lines. It can and is argued that binary gender roles do not suit everybody. I see no reason that we should all be forced to behave the same way due to the fact we have one of two things between our legs. (you should have heard the fuss when I ordered a cider after football a few weeks ago, 'and what would your husband like? Etc).

Yes, you can be a male with feminine characteristics, but this does not make you a woman. Or in this case non-binary.

If this concept stops people being forced into being something they are not or don't want to be then all power to it.

How far do you go with it then? Where's the line? If a 50 year old man wants to identify as a 6 year old girl (literally happened in Toronto), or someone identifies as a chicken, should we adopt the same attitude and treat them as such? It's insane and you know it.

I may be well off here and please put me right if I am, I am at the beginning of my understanding of this issue and would love a little guidance.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

The main issue with this is people are now actually losing their jobs or getting arrested other 'incorrect use of pronouns'. As i said in an earlier post, this is the only form of body dysmorphia that society attempts to treat this way. You do not do it with Anorexia, and rightly so.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
But gender is not a spectrum. The idea that gender is malleable is just wrong.

Yes, you can be a male with feminine characteristics, but this does not make you a woman. Or in this case non-binary.

How far do you go with it then? Where's the line? If a 50 year old man wants to identify as a 6 year old girl (literally happened in Toronto), or someone identifies as a chicken, should we adopt the same attitude and treat them as such? It's insane and you know it.

The main issue with this is people are now actually losing their jobs or getting arrested other 'incorrect use of pronouns'. As i said in an earlier post, this is the only form of body dysmorphia that society attempts to treat this way. You do not do it with Anorexia, and rightly so.

Who got arrested over incorrect pronoun use?

Edit- Had a quick look into this and I guess you're referring to the Green - Farrow incident. Looks like there was a bit more to it than using the wrong pronoun (shock). https://www.google.com/amp/s/blogs....d-by-police-for-using-the-wrong-pronouns/amp/

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here