Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best position of Home Dugout

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
I noticed Seany Baby spending much of the Burnley match giving the Lino earache.

I seem to remember Gus Poyet changed our dugout to the South to avoid the visiting manager having that advantage, and allowing Gus the opportunity to share meaningful advice with the official.

Are we missing a trick with the present location?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Given the introduction of yellow/red cards for PL managers this season, I think we have it the right way round.

but if the 4th official completely ignores the relentless pesterings of his northern cousin , there is no advantage in putting him in the firing line.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I noticed Seany Baby spending much of the Burnley match giving the Lino earache.

I seem to remember Gus Poyet changed our dugout to the South to avoid the visiting manager having that advantage, and allowing Gus the opportunity to share meaningful advice with the official.

I think so. Poyet had it right. Even if you don't want to be nagging the lino constantly (which he DID), it prevents the more vocal away managers from doing it. Seems to me that if it has even the slightest effect, it's worth being on that side of the tunnel.

Now we have the corporate section right behind it though, I imagine our bosses will always be on that side whether they like it or not.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Didn't spend a lot of time looking at the Ditch, but every time I did, his arms were up and he was haranguing either the lino or the 4th official. This would help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here