Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] What’s your favourite film released the year you were born?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Spartacus
Psycho
The Magnificent Seven

It was a very good year for both films and births....

Same as me that.

The bit where Kurt Douglas kills the lovebirds is great and the other one where Yul Brinner gets murdered in the shower scene. Never to be forgotten films.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
' Stalag 17 '( just superb )..........followed by ' From here to Eternity ' ( That kiss ) and ' Roman Holiday ' ( Oh Audrey! )

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
There are a whole load of "classics" released in '74 that I haven't even seen tbh (you lot will slaughter me for these!) - Death Wish, Blazing Saddles, Godfather Pt.2, Great Gatsby, Murder on the Orient Express, Young Frankenstein.

However, still plenty of ok movies from that year that I have seen - Towering Inferno, Golden Voyage of Sinbad, Carry on Dick, The Man with the Golden Gun.....but my favourite has to be "The Longest Yard" with Burt Reynolds. As an American Football fan it ticks all the right boxes!

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Has to be Home Alone purely due to nostalgia. Tough one considering Goodfellas also came out.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Easy - The Apartment ��

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
For 1993, it has to be Groundhog Day narrowly beating Jurassic Park for me. The Bill Murray Classic was the first non animated film I remember watching and still love it to this day. Despite it being 26 years old, Jurassic Park is still the greatest dinosaur film ever made, and really can not see it being topped any time soon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For 1993, it has to be Groundhog Day narrowly beating Jurassic Park for me. The Bill Murray Classic was the first non animated film I remember watching and still love it to this day. Despite it being 26 years old, Jurassic Park is still the greatest dinosaur film ever made, and really can not see it being topped any time soon.

Christ that makes me feel old !

I remember when Jurassic Park first came out, I'd say it was probably the greatest leap forward in special effects I'd ever seen, it was quite literally jaw-dropping. There were hints of what was to come from CGI with the tentacle in The Abyss, and the T-1000 in Terminator 2. But the dinosaur effects in JP were absolutely mindblowing at the time.

Of course CGI has moved on and is probably overused these days, but the effects in that movie still don't look outdated. Amazing film.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
1950 Rio Grande

John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara

They don't make em like that any more.!!

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
2001: A Space Odyssey.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here