Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Food allergy awareness at the Amex

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
My other half has an intolerance to, errrr, me!!!

That's what I was thinking myself earlier today. Whinge moan etc, repeat to fade. No wonder men die earlier, we want to!

Sorry, back on topic. . . . Ivory tickler in my band is allergic to everything apparently, I think it's largely psychological, but I'm an engineer/Darwin type person. However. . . . He is still alive and always brings his own special snacks, or M&S or what ever is, to his mind, safe. He's never had a reaction to beer. . . Or wine.

It won't be long before there's a major franchise outlet in the ground. Nuts I tell ya!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In Spain all menus have allergen info, even in small bars in little villages. This seems to be EU law but I've not seen it in other places.

Thank goodness we can dump all that red tape soon.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If I had any deadly food allergies I wouldn't trust any food outlet, and any food outlet shouldn't serve people with allergies because cross contamination is always a possibility even if they know their food does not contain a specific ingredient. Putting your life in other peoples hands does not make any sense if you have food issues.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I asked a server yeterday if there was anything among the comestibles that was dairy free. Five minutes later, after consulting with a manager, 'no idea'.

I am lactose intolerant, not allergic to milk products (if a puff of lactose passes the hole in my phizzog I will shit uncomfortably for a few days but I won't die). But imagine I were? The lad who died recenly after being given a bum steer over a coating on some food (all over the media)....could happen at our stadium.

Can a someone give me a pertinent phone number (PM) and I will give the club a tinkle tomorrow. Thanks.

Its sodexo you need to get onto they cater to us and always have a list of what can cause allergies in their foods for the day they should do the same for the stadium. Good luck with that.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I asked a server yeterday if there was anything among the comestibles that was dairy free. Five minutes later, after consulting with a manager, 'no idea'.

I am lactose intolerant, not allergic to milk products (if a puff of lactose passes the hole in my phizzog I will shit uncomfortably for a few days but I won't die). But imagine I were? The lad who died recenly after being given a bum steer over a coating on some food (all over the media)....could happen at our stadium.

Can a someone give me a pertinent phone number (PM) and I will give the club a tinkle tomorrow. Thanks.

That 5 minute delay is going to throw Barbers average time for cash/cashless transactions.

On a more serious note this is something that all clubs should be aware of and making readily available.
This type of information is not something that I have seen in print at any away grounds.
Maybe if you decide to contact PB you should seek an assurance that he will raise with other PL clubs to ensure this information is known and available

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
**** me, if you said to me back in 76 when I first started watching the Albion that in 2019 some soft old soak wanted to call the club and discuss dietary requirements I would have pmsl.....

Edit then went in front of 10,000 people and told them [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I managed to survive an afternoon at the Amex without stuffing my face. The food provided is a convenience, but if I thought it might kill me or make me ill, I think I might go to the trouble to bring my own.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Very much this. It's a sports stadium, not a bloody restaurant. No one needs food during a two hour period at a game, but if you absolutely MUST eat, then bring your own.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's what I was thinking myself earlier today. Whinge moan etc, repeat to fade. No wonder men die earlier, we want to!

Sorry, back on topic. . . . Ivory tickler in my band is allergic to everything apparently, I think it's largely psychological, but I'm an engineer/Darwin type person. However. . . . He is still alive and always brings his own special snacks, or M&S or what ever is, to his mind, safe. He's never had a reaction to beer. . . Or wine.

It won't be long before there's a major franchise outlet in the ground. Nuts I tell ya!

God NO ! Not nuts, that could be fatal for someone.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Very much this. It's a sports stadium, not a bloody restaurant. No one needs food during a two hour period at a game, but if you absolutely MUST eat, then bring your own.

Misarable sod ! Part of the 'experience' is to have a pie and a pint at the footie. Do I NEED it ? No. Do I enjoy it ? Yes. I don't see why someone with an allergy shouldn't also enjoy the experience safely also.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
**** me, if you said to me back in 76 when I first started watching the Albion that in 2019 some soft old soak wanted to call the club and discuss dietary requirements I would have pmsl.....

Edit then went in front of 10,000 people and told them [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Good thing you've grown up in 43 years. Well done.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I feel your pain, I've not risked eating at the amex as the staff have never been able to answer that question for me. Saturday for the first time I did notice in the ESU a vegan slice. Was good too. I do believe their plain burgers are dairy free.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Surely it's Sodexo you need to contact, rather than the club. Adrian Morris is the safety and security manager, so he might be able to give you a contact at Sodexo.

my goodness Sodexo you say ...?? are they running the catering only or also the cleaning , security etc. they run the jails in Aus and also some of the detention centres...they do not have a good rep. so hardly surprising the staff aren't trained properly ......profit over service every time.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Profit Paul won’t allow you to bring your own food in will he?

To be honest I leave home at 1 p.m. and return by 6 p.m., I'd like to think if I had to I could get by with lunch and dinner at these times?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Profit Paul won’t allow you to bring your own food in will he?

Family that sit near me always bring a massive packed lunch for all 6 of them in. Crisps, sandwiches, biscuits/cake, and fruit. Not sure if they give it to one of the kids to bring in as they won't be searched!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here