Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Food allergy awareness at the Amex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I asked a server yeterday if there was anything among the comestibles that was dairy free. Five minutes later, after consulting with a manager, 'no idea'.

I am lactose intolerant, not allergic to milk products (if a puff of lactose passes the hole in my phizzog I will shit uncomfortably for a few days but I won't die). But imagine I were? The lad who died recenly after being given a bum steer over a coating on some food (all over the media)....could happen at our stadium.

Can a someone give me a pertinent phone number (PM) and I will give the club a tinkle tomorrow. Thanks.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I asked a server yeterday if there was anything among the comestibles that was dairy free. Five minutes later, after consulting with a manager, 'no idea'.

I am lactose intolerant, not allergic to milk products (if a puff of lactose passes the hole in my phizzog I will shit uncomfortably for a few days but I won't die). But imagine I were? The lad who died recenly after being given a bum steer over a coating on some food (all over the media)....could happen at our stadium.

Can a someone give me a pertinent phone number (PM) and I will give the club a tinkle tomorrow. Thanks.

Did you put them on ignore?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have to say in this day an age I’m a tad surprised at their ignorance....things like gluten free provide an opportunity for sales ...etc

And prorecting the odd punter from anaphylactic shock and swift death, too.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'd suggest emailing Paul Barber would be the best way forwards ….. just make sure you've got plenty of space in your inbox for his reply !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Surely it's Sodexo you need to contact, rather than the club. Adrian Morris is the safety and security manager, so he might be able to give you a contact at Sodexo.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Have to say in this day an age I’m a tad surprised at their ignorance....things like gluten free provide an opportunity for sales ...etc

Gluten free products are just an excuse for the generic supplier to whack the prices up, ridiculous if you ask me.
Mrs AR has an intolerance to gluten and wheat, the free from product prices are astronomical compared to normal equivalents!!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I managed to survive an afternoon at the Amex without stuffing my face. The food provided is a convenience, but if I thought it might kill me or make me ill, I think I might go to the trouble to bring my own.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Gluten free products are just an excuse for the generic supplier to whack the prices up, ridiculous if you ask me.
Mrs AR has an intolerance to gluten and wheat, the free from product prices are astronomical compared to normal equivalents!!

Aye....my daughter has to buy them so I know what the prices are...particularly of packaged items like bread etc.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

My other half has an intolerance to, errrr, me!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I managed to survive an afternoon at the Amex without stuffing my face. The food provided is a convenience, but if I thought it might kill me or make me ill, I think I might go to the trouble to bring my own.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Profit Paul won’t allow you to bring your own food in will he?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Profit Paul won’t allow you to bring your own food in will he?

You get him talking, and we can all run in with our packed lunches whilst he’s distracted.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Law states must be told, shown or referred to online digital record without being charged for such information prior to point of purchase. It is the vendors responsibility. Simply stating do not know or maybe is not complying with EU1169/2011 FIC or FIR aka allergy regulations. Sodexo know, have had more than 8 years to get right. Byron burgers tragedy a timely reminder that businesses still need to improve training. It’s difficult. Or not depending on whether your an affected consumer or lawyer defending your due diligence client in court.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
In Spain all menus have allergen info, even in small bars in little villages. This seems to be EU law but I've not seen it in other places.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In Spain all menus have allergen info, even in small bars in little villages. This seems to be EU law but I've not seen it in other places.

It is the same law in every EU country. Any establishment not providing is technically in breach of. Big problem area is average joe or Jose doesn’t know their rights or technicalities of the law. And equally, bit like speeding, who’s around to enforce when associated authorities have had budgets slashed. Even informed consumers can’t be bothered to complain to. We’re pretty good here, less so in the independent sector. But even then, I’ve seen roadside chuck wagons taking it seriously and pleasantly surprised how much the owners know and have to hand all th necessary information. But then I’ve always advised killing your customers is bad for business. You’d be amazed how many don’t really get that though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here