Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Members

7 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gluten free products are just an excuse for the generic supplier to whack the prices up, ridiculous if you ask me.
    Mrs AR has an intolerance to gluten and wheat, the free from product prices are astronomical compared to normal equivalents!!
    My other half has an intolerance to, errrr, me!!!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      Aye....my daughter has to buy them so I know what the prices are...particularly of packaged items like bread etc.

https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/cheese-an...bexhill-on-sea

This deli does really nice oat, rye and maize bread, which my wife used to eat, until we moved up here.
      It's a hidden gem
      https://youtu.be/oCyXsHC-lQ4

@Brighton Lines "The MASSIVE shield: Amex Ruislip who thinks Sheffield Wednesday are 13th in the Premier League"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by essbee1 View Post
      My other half has an intolerance to, errrr, me!!!
      Wealdstone doing well

@Brighton Lines "The MASSIVE shield: Amex Ruislip who thinks Sheffield Wednesday are 13th in the Premier League"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CheeseRolls View Post
      I managed to survive an afternoon at the Amex without stuffing my face. The food provided is a convenience, but if I thought it might kill me or make me ill, I think I might go to the trouble to bring my own.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
      Profit Paul won’t allow you to bring your own food in will he?

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Superphil View Post
      Profit Paul won’t allow you to bring your own food in will he?
      You get him talking, and we can all run in with our packed lunches whilst he’s distracted.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      Wealdstone doing well
      Indeed Ruislip. Another win yesterday. Looks like it will be their year this year.
      My friend can hardly contain his praise for the way the team are playing.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      You get him talking, and we can all run in with our packed lunches whilst he’s distracted.
      Already do this, especially for the GF option

1 Not allowed!
      Law states must be told, shown or referred to online digital record without being charged for such information prior to point of purchase. It is the vendors responsibility. Simply stating do not know or maybe is not complying with EU1169/2011 FIC or FIR aka allergy regulations. Sodexo know, have had more than 8 years to get right. Byron burgers tragedy a timely reminder that businesses still need to improve training. It’s difficult. Or not depending on whether your an affected consumer or lawyer defending your due diligence client in court.
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”

0 Not allowed!
      In Spain all menus have allergen info, even in small bars in little villages. This seems to be EU law but I've not seen it in other places.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bakero View Post
      In Spain all menus have allergen info, even in small bars in little villages. This seems to be EU law but I've not seen it in other places.
      It is the same law in every EU country. Any establishment not providing is technically in breach of. Big problem area is average joe or Jose doesn’t know their rights or technicalities of the law. And equally, bit like speeding, who’s around to enforce when associated authorities have had budgets slashed. Even informed consumers can’t be bothered to complain to. We’re pretty good here, less so in the independent sector. But even then, I’ve seen roadside chuck wagons taking it seriously and pleasantly surprised how much the owners know and have to hand all th necessary information. But then I’ve always advised killing your customers is bad for business. You’d be amazed how many don’t really get that though!
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”