Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Proms. Last night.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why are the ones that call everyone a snowflake the biggest snowflakes?

And why are many of them OUTRAGED about something that, normally, they couldn't give two shits about, but all of a sudden become experts in?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is this still going on?

Christ the right are easy to offend

A few boats and a song and they shit themselves.

After spending the rest of the year calling everyone else "snowflakes"

The Lego Stand

Jul 5, 2020
Is it just me who is heartily sick of our traditions just being eroded away in the name of BLM? Statues, the last night of the Proms where will it end? The way football has been hijacked is ridiculous. Fair play to the rugby league players who refused to 'take a knee' a shame more footballers didn't show a bit more balls and refuse to do so. This country is incredibly tolerant and yet if you read the BBC site its as if it's a hotbed of racism, not a day goes by without a new 'racism' story. I would imagine that Policing BAME people in London is an absolute nightmare as I imagine they wave the 'racism'card.I notice white people don't bang on about the Notting Hill carnival do they as far as I can see is a very Afro Car event. Where were all the 'woke' brigade in previous years when the Proms was on? It's just the latest fashionable cause.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is it just me who is heartily sick of our traditions just being eroded away in the name of BLM? Statues, the last night of the Proms where will it end? The way football has been hijacked is ridiculous. Fair play to the rugby league players who refused to 'take a knee' a shame more footballers didn't show a bit more balls and refuse to do so. This country is incredibly tolerant and yet if you read the BBC site its as if it's a hotbed of racism, not a day goes by without a new 'racism' story. I would imagine that Policing BAME people in London is an absolute nightmare as I imagine they wave the 'racism'card.I notice white people don't bang on about the Notting Hill carnival do they as far as I can see is a very Afro Car event. Where were all the 'woke' brigade in previous years when the Proms was on? It's just the latest fashionable cause.

Nottinghill Carnival. :lolol: That is brilliant. You can get white tickets for it if you enter the ballot in time. :thumbsup:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Jerusalem, now there's a quandary.

For years regarded as a nationalistic anthem, then Billy Bragg had a bash at it. I recall, in the sleeve notes I believe, him claiming it to be political and 'for the masses'.

Who knows?

Originally written as a pick me up during the First Word War, became the anthem of the Women Suffragettes moment in 1917 (who held the original copyright), adopted by the Womens Institute in 1924, picked up and sung at all the the Major Parties political conferences at some point. At various times suggested to replace God Save The Queen as the national anthem, including George V who prefered it. In other words an anthem that crosses all political boundaries and is popular in all walks of life because they can all find things in it that inspires them.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Pleased to hear the performers will be taking the knee prior to the last night of the proms. Good that this gesture is becoming expected and the norm across society now at national events.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Pleased to hear the performers will be taking the knee prior to the last night of the proms. Good that this gesture is becoming expected and the norm across society now at national events.

Is it happening before each football match for the upcoming season?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I genuinely don’t understand this event. Utter cringeworthy, outdated bollocks in my opinion.

But then I’m not patriotic in the slightest so it really isn’t aimed at me I suppose. I don’t feel especially proud to be born in one particular country by sheer chance.

Liked seeing the Rainbow and EU flags in the 15 minutes I had to endure at the end though.

Why watch it if you don’t like it?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Is it happening before each football match for the upcoming season?

It was on the PL agenda, whether to keep it on and also the BLM logo on shirts and whether it was prominent enough. Not heard anything since, but as the BBC commentator (Guy Mowbray?) said it will be a crying shame if it is not back next season, it was one of the highlights of the return and an emotional moment every time it happened.

The Lego Stand

Jul 5, 2020

Oh god please no, thought thankfully we had seen the last of that now the football season is over. It's utterly pointless it serves no purpose whatsoever.

larus

Oh god please no, thought thankfully we had seen the last of that now the football season is over. It's utterly pointless it serves no purpose whatsoever.

It’s pretty inconvenient when many Black people don’t take the knee to BLM. BLM is a Marxist organisation.

As far as I am concerned, “All Lives Matter”. We are all equal. There should be no discrimination, and that also means positive discrimination. Everyone should be treated the same, I know we’re not allowed to say stuff like this though, as it’s not woke enough,

The UK is one of the most tolerant, racially diverse countries in the world. However, the woke generation seem to take pleasure is taking offence over minor things, which, IMO, will cause more problems In race relations than the so called transgressions.

Also, the guy who was killed when the policeman knelt on his neck (sorry, I’ve forgotten his name) was a scum bag (he’d previously shot a pregnant woman in the stomach), so the faux outrage over his death was just an excuse. No, he didn’t deserve to die, but don’t treat him like some fvcking choir boy.

If Black Lives Matter to blacks so much, why do more blacks die at the hands of blacks than whites?

The Lego Stand

Jul 5, 2020
It’s pretty inconvenient when many Black people don’t take the knee to BLM. BLM is a Marxist organisation.

As far as I am concerned, “All Lives Matter”. We are all equal. There should be no discrimination, and that also means positive discrimination. Everyone should be treated the same, I know we’re not allowed to say stuff like this though, as it’s not woke enough,

The UK is one of the most tolerant, racially diverse countries in the world. However, the woke generation seem to take pleasure is taking offence over minor things, which, IMO, will cause more problems In race relations than the so called transgressions.

Also, the guy who was killed when the policeman knelt on his neck (sorry, I’ve forgotten his name) was a scum bag (he’d previously shot a pregnant woman in the stomach), so the faux outrage over his death was just an excuse. No, he didn’t deserve to die, but don’t treat him like some fvcking choir boy.

If Black Lives Matter to blacks so much, why do more blacks die at the hands of blacks than whites?

Agree with every word, best post I've seen on her for a long time. Be prepared for a backlash from the woke brigade though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here