Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today’s ref Michael Oliver

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
As others have said thought he was largely anonymous which is the sign of a good ref. My only gripe might be the lecture he gave Dunk about time wasting.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Failed to play a minimum four minutes of injury time.

When the fourth official held the board up to show the added time, it actually said 3! The Big Screens got it wrong.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Failed to play a minimum four minutes of injury time.

He played over 4 mins. The person next to me set her phone timer when the board went up and announced time up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When the fourth official held the board up to show the added time, it actually said 3! The Big Screens got it wrong.

It was definitely 4 when I looked at the board. We were guessing the minutes and me and those next to me thought 5...and we definitely all saw 4 on the board.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The board showed 3 or 4 mins. Football really is a game of opinions.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd rather be commenting on a ref decision, however bad they are than VAR.

Geoffish

Aug 2, 2014
Every time the Burnley number 23 fell over he awarded a foul, which encouraged him to fall over more and more often.
Re the added time, when it was announced on the stadium announcement it was 16:47 on the board and he blew at 16:50. But he didn’t add any extra time for the Burnley goal, which was after the 90th minute.

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
Final whistle:

whistle.png

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Every time the Burnley number 23 fell over he awarded a foul, which encouraged him to fall over more and more often.
Re the added time, when it was announced on the stadium announcement it was 16:47 on the board and he blew at 16:50. But he didn’t add any extra time for the Burnley goal, which was after the 90th minute.

When they ANNOUNCE the added time is entirely irrelevant. they don't announce it spot on 90:00. Could have alreday played 30 / 60 / 90 seconds of the added time, at that point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here