Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Saudi Arabia oil production reduced by drone strikes

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Saudi Arabia's oil production has been severely disrupted by drone attacks on two major oil facilities run by state-owned company Aramco, reports say.

Sources quoted by Reuters and WSJ said the strikes had reduced production by five million barrels a day - nearly half the kingdom's output.

The fires are now under control at both facilities, Saudi state media say.

A spokesman for the Houthi rebel group in Yemen said it had deployed 10 drones in the attacks.

The Saudis lead a military coalition backing Yemen's government, while Iran backs the Houthi rebels.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49703143

Clearly not a good 'NSC time' for such a thread.
But as this has the potential for ending our existence on the planet I thought it would be remiss not to mention it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Saudi Arabia's oil production has been severely disrupted by drone attacks on two major oil facilities run by state-owned company Aramco, reports say.

Sources quoted by Reuters and WSJ said the strikes had reduced production by five million barrels a day - nearly half the kingdom's output.

The fires are now under control at both facilities, Saudi state media say.

A spokesman for the Houthi rebel group in Yemen said it had deployed 10 drones in the attacks.

The Saudis lead a military coalition backing Yemen's government, while Iran backs the Houthi rebels.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49703143

Clearly not a good 'NSC time' for such a thread.
But as this has the potential for ending our existence on the planet I thought it would be remiss not to mention it.

I'd best hit the Asda at Ferring and fill up then. It will be good practice for panic buying on October 31 st.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd best hit the Asda at Ferring and fill up then. It will be good practice for panic buying on October 31 st.

122.7p - Rude not too.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bizzare to see a third world country finding it so easy to cause so much devastation in Saudi, they need to buy more guns and ammunition from the UK.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bizzare to see a third world country finding it so easy to cause so much devastation in Saudi, they need to buy more guns and ammunition from the UK.

The damage was done with drones, we are not so good with drones, hence the chaos at Gatwick and they were only flying, not dropping incendiary devices.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is it just me who isn't concerned at Saudis inconvenience of a temporary disruption to their oil production?

No, not worried about the disruption of oil production. However a straight up war between Saudi Arabia (and allies) and Iran (with "allies") would be massive, easily a cataclysmic war on a global level. Iran is the last anti-West muslim stronghold and people know it. Many nations and parts of populations in nations would join that war, realising its the last opportunity to stop the Saudi/American/Israeli domination.

As you might know, Qatar-Saudi relations are very tense, and Qatar could see their opportunity to break free from the threatening presence of Saudi Arabia, and while Qatar is a small country, they are friendly with China, Russia and Turkey. A Saudi/American vs Iran war wouldnt be like the war in Syria, Yemen or Iraq - it would be massive and affect people everywhere.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Is it just me who isn't concerned at Saudis inconvenience of a temporary disruption to their oil production?

the market isnt, after a spike its falling back. Saudi production is not as much as stated, theres a large gap between their capacity/reserves and what they currently output.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I think we ought to be more concerned by the US saying it believes Iran is behind the attack.
Thankfully we have a calm, rational and thoughtful person living in Pennsylvania Avenue, DC.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No, not worried about the disruption of oil production. However a straight up war between Saudi Arabia (and allies) and Iran (with "allies") would be massive, easily a cataclysmic war on a global level. Iran is the last anti-West muslim stronghold and people know it. Many nations and parts of populations in nations would join that war, realising its the last opportunity to stop the Saudi/American/Israeli domination.

As you might know, Qatar-Saudi relations are very tense, and Qatar could see their opportunity to break free from the threatening presence of Saudi Arabia, and while Qatar is a small country, they are friendly with China, Russia and Turkey. A Saudi/American vs Iran war wouldnt be like the war in Syria, Yemen or Iraq - it would be massive and affect people everywhere.

Qatar also holding the World Cup in 2 years. Any war in that area will put an end to it. Iran have closer ties with Iran these days too.

The bombing had some method behind it because it wasn't an indiscriminate civilian target, and I haven't heard any reports of dead.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think we ought to be more concerned by the US saying it believes Iran is behind the attack.
Thankfully we have a calm, rational and thoughtful person living in Pennsylvania Avenue, DC.

Those strikes didn't kill anyone though, and it is hard to protect a regime that chops up dissidents in their own Embassy not to mention bombing the **** out of Yemen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Those strikes didn't kill anyone though, and it is hard to protect a regime that chops up dissidents in their own Embassy not to mention bombing the **** out of Yemen.

Hard, but not impossible, esp when said regime spends billions on foreign armaments while providing some of the oil they are so dependant on.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hard, but not impossible, esp when said regime spends billions on foreign armaments while providing some of the oil they are so dependant on.

Saudi clearly need to update their defence system before they think of war with Iran because their current one failed. The US hasn't really got the apatite or the resources to go to war either as they are stretched in all the other areas they have caused trouble previously or trying to help.

I'm not condoning the strike but it was a shrewd move and proportionate for what Iran is trying to achieve. It doesn't deserve a bombing campaign killing thousands of innocent people.

I would rather buy oil off Iran if there was a choice anyway.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The bombing had some method behind it because it wasn't an indiscriminate civilian target, and I haven't heard any reports of dead.

Yeah I think the US pointing towards Iran makes it quite likely it was an American false flag attack to provoke Saudi-Iranian war that they could join as I dont really think Trump from a strategical viewpoint would want to be the instigator.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yeah I think the US pointing towards Iran makes it quite likely it was an American false flag attack to provoke Saudi-Iranian war that they could join as I dont really think Trump from a strategical viewpoint would want to be the instigator.

I wouldn't necessarily come to that conclusion but if we are speculating Israel could have a motive to make it look like an attack from Iran. As yet though they are still yet to work out where they were launched from but they know it wasn't Yemen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This all plays into Seth Abramson's excellent Proof Of Conspiracy.

He reckons war is on hold pending how Israel forms its Government.

Thread :

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1174319898933305347?s=19

Book :

https://www.amazon.com/Proof-Conspiracy-International-Collusion-Threatening/dp/1250256712

"In late 2015, convicted pedophile, international dealmaker, and cooperating witness in Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation George Nader convened a secret meeting aboard a massive luxury yacht in the Red Sea. Nader pitched Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Emirati Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi and other Middle Eastern leaders a plan for a new pro-U.S., pro-Israel alliance of Arab nations that would fundamentally alter the geopolitics of the Middle East while marginalizing Iran, Qatar, and Turkey. To succeed, the plan would need a highly placed American politician willing to drop sanctions on Russia so that Vladimir Putin would in turn agree to end his support for Iran. They agreed the perfect American partner was Donald Trump, who had benefited immensely from his Saudi, Emirati, and Russian dealings for many years, and who, in 2015, became the only U.S. presidential candidate to argue for a unilateral end to Russian sanctions and a far more hostile approach to Iran.*"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here