Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] NSC Rugby World Cup 2019 Competition - Main Thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Luckily it won't affect our group standing, looks like the Aussies still.

Would have been different should we have been playing one of the lesser sides and being given only a 0 - 0 draw.

It actually benefits us because we now win the group, should France have beaten us we’d have been runners up?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It actually benefits us because we now win the group, should France have beaten us we’d have been runners up?

Honestly think we'd have won the game anyway.

Only 'downside' is will have to listen to it on the wireless, en route to the Villa.

Might try and watch it.

bbc.JPG

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

We're now likely to play Australia as we are now group winners and France are likely to face Wales.
The main advantage is that we now get more rest and recovery time than our quarter-final opponents.

I feel very sorry for all the supporters that have paid thousands to travel out to see the England v France game.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We're now likely to play Australia as we are now group winners and France are likely to face Wales.
The main advantage is that we now get more rest and recovery time than our quarter-final opponents.

I feel very sorry for all the supporters that have paid thousands to travel out to see the England v France game.

Its a tough one, do you want two weeks off training or a match?

danger we will go into the Australia game on the back foot

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Its a tough one, do you want two weeks off training or a match?

danger we will go into the Australia game on the back foot

Possibly the opposite. A two week gap is perfect. With the recovery times so much longer in rugby (this tournament has had some mad five day gaps for some teams) it's going to mean that England will be best prepared.

The short gaps have been unfair. After some matches there will be players who can barely walk properly for three days.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Here are the points after the Australia 27:8 Georgia match:

rugbywc29.png

No correct predictions but [MENTION=33723]Bod[/MENTION] was only five points away.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Group A is ridiculous with 5 of the 6 players under 400 in the same group!

At least one of us is going to miss out. How are your nerves, Pav? :wink:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A few of us here now fighting our own individual battles!

Speaking as someone in the Group of Death it looks like 4th spot is a straight dogfight between me and hart's shirt and that - in turn - boils down to whether Wales beat Uruguay by more or less than 40 on Sunday.

So my message to hart's shirt this weekend is - may the best man win!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You have the advantage at the moment because on count-back you have got two correct predictions whereas [MENTION=258]Pavilionaire[/MENTION] has only one.

I'm cheering as much for the typhoon as the teams at the moment...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A few of us here now fighting our own individual battles!

Speaking as someone in the Group of Death it looks like 4th spot is a straight dogfight between me and hart's shirt and that - in turn - boils down to whether Wales beat Uruguay by more or less than 40 on Sunday.

So my message to hart's shirt this weekend is - may the best man win!

Well, quite Sir. Whoever comes out on top will have definitely earned it over the 40 predictions.

However, there may be a little chink of light for both of us. jessiejames went for Wales by +30 in the Wales v Uruguay game. 48 or more point victory for Wales and there'd be an 18 point swing for me, 40 or more and it's a 10 point swing for you. That along with an Ireland win by more than 25 points would make our group very interesting indeed.

Let's see! :smile:

Last edited:

The Brighton Bear

May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Here are the points after the Ireland 47:5 Samoa match:

rugbywc30.png

A much higher difference than most of us predicted but [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] was only two points out.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've been second for almost all of this. Can't help thinking I'll get pipped tomorrow.

That said, it might be a relief. It's good to watch the latter stages neutral.

The Brighton Bear

May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
The game between Namibia and Canada scheduled for earlier today was cancelled. The remaining three fixtures today were given the green light.

Here are the points after the USA 19:31 Tonga match:

rugbywc31.png

Congratulations to [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION] and [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] who all correctly predicted the winning margin.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
At least there will be no legal proceedings now from Scotland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here