Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] NSC Rugby World Cup 2019 Competition - Main Thread

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's good to see that legal action wasn't necessary and Scotland had the chance to be eliminated on merit.

The downside is that Nicola Sturgeon's likely to demand a new World Cup for Scotland next year.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a mouth-watering Quarter-Final line-up that is. I don't think it could have landed any better for the neutral - two old rivalries, and two new ones.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Poetic justice for all the Scots who support anyone but England!

Turning Japanese, I think we're turning Japanese, I really think so...

More of THIS in the quarter finals please lads :bowdown:

20191013_140559.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Poetic justice for all the Scots who support anyone but England!

Loving this.
Same. I spent the first 30-35 years of my like supporting all the home nations in sport, but all we'd ever get back (particularly from the 'chip on shoulder' Scots) was disdain, so eventually I thought **** 'em, and I now support any team playing against Scotland. It appears that Scotland are world leaders in losing, which brings me constant joy.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Here are the final standings for the group matches after the Japan 28:21 Scotland game:

rugbywc33.png

Well done to [MENTION=522]Kinky Gerbils[/MENTION], [MENTION=21109]One Love[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13655]Ludensian Gull[/MENTION] who all predicted a correct winning margin.

That's the end of the group stage and thank you all for taking part.

Here are the Quarter-Final pairings:

Lindfield23 v Pavilionaire
Is it PotG? v Guy Fawkes
KZNSeagull v The Brighton Bear
jessiejames v Brighton Lines

Commiserations to those who didn't make it and a huge imaginary wooden spoon is awarded to [MENTION=13655]Ludensian Gull[/MENTION] who trailed in last. Special mention must be made to [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] and [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] who topped their groups for most of the last three weeks.

Group A was deemed to be the "group of death" and it is unfortunate that [MENTION=325]hart's shirt[/MENTION] was the one who lost out.

The Quarter-Finalists scores are now reset to zero and the predictions for the following matches must be posted before 18:00 on Friday evening.

41 Sat 19 Oct 8:15 England v Australia
42 Sat 19 Oct 11:15 New Zealand v Ireland
43 Sun 20 Oct 8:15 Wales v France
44 Sun 20 Oct 11:15 Japan v South Africa

You can post them on this thread or you can send a Private Message to Taybha who has agreed to accept your predictions. Once he has received all of the entries or they are posted on here then all will be revealed.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Thanks Brighton Bear for an enjoyable competition, I'll look forward to passing on the wooden spoon in 4 yrs time, in the meantime I'll keep it save and look after it well .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks [MENTION=10655]brightonbear[/MENTION] that was fun! Enjoy the next round all those who got through!

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Thanks [MENTION=10655]brightonbear[/MENTION] that was fun! Enjoy the next round all those who got through!

This, great fun if a little frustrating at times...

Good luck to the remaining competitors and thanks to [MENTION=16461]The Brighton Bear[/MENTION] for your time and efforts.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Is there a contingency plan for any of the 8 quarter finalists not posting predictions?

Could you find yourself sued by Bozza if the competition falls to pieces?

Ps great competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Just a reminder that your Quarter-Final predictions need to be posted on here or sent to Taybha by 18:00 on Friday.

[MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] [MENTION=258]Pavilionaire[/MENTION] [MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION]

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I have everyone's predictions apart from [MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION] [MENTION=258]Pavilionaire[/MENTION]

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I have everyone's predictions apart from [MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION] [MENTION=258]Pavilionaire[/MENTION]

Come on #group of death! And get a move on Pav! :yawn::lolol:

I want to see if TBB has finally gambled on a prediction from outside the Sporting Index spread betting range. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here