Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - Burnley (H)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan - 6 - little to do except pick the ball out of his net
Webster - 7.5 - so composed on the ball. Great positioning. Some great runs forward MOTM
Dunk - 7 - a few uncharacteristically wayward passes
Duffy - 7 - very solid
Burn - 5 - looked like a fish out of water today
March - 7 - great assist, neat and tidy but lacks conviction still
Stephens - 6 - great commitment, lost the ball a couple of times but did so deliberately to clean out Rodriguez :wink:
Propper - 6 - going through the motions
Murray - 6 - should have scored with the header. Not a lot went his way. Marked up for that cushioned shot in the first half. Faded badly.
Maupay - 7 - quiet first half, came alive after the goal. Beautifully taken goal
Gross - 5 - huffed and puffed but delivered little

Connolly - 6 - love his energy. He’s a complete menace
Mooy - 6
Bong n/a

A special mention for the poor fourth official who had to spend the entire game dealing with that horrible **** Sean Dyche.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Ryan - 6 - little to do except pick the ball out of his net
Webster - 7.5 - so composed on the ball. Great positioning. Some great runs forward MOTM
Dunk - 7 - a few uncharacteristically wayward passes
Duffy - 7 - very solid
Burn - 5 - looked like a fish out of water today
March - 7 - great assist, neat and tidy but lacks conviction still
Stephens - 6 - great commitment, lost the ball a couple of times but did so deliberately to clean out Rodriguez :wink:
Propper - 6 - going through the motions
Murray - 6 - should have scored with the header. Not a lot went his way. Marked up for that cushioned shot in the first half. Faded badly.
Maupay - 7 - quiet first half, came alive after the goal. Beautifully taken goal
Gross - 5 - huffed and puffed but delivered little

Connolly - 6 - love his energy. He’s a complete menace
Mooy - 6
Bong n/a

A special mention for the poor fourth official who had to spend the entire game dealing with that horrible **** Sean Dyche.

Agree with most of that except I thought Gross grew into the game and made some exceptional passes

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Proper was CLASS and a clear MOM for me. Nobody played badly after a shakey start. Webster did great at right back. Gross was good. Oh maybe Myrrray played badly actually but at least he was getting in the right positions.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ryan - 6 - distribution was fairly good - not sure if he could have done better with goal unless I see a replay, which I don’t want to.

Webster - 8 - classy and seemed to play CB then RB - versatile.

Dunk - 8 standard class - couple of good balls, couple of not so.

Duffy - 7 - not as comfortable on the ball as he others but still had a decent game

March - 7 - not a RWB and struggles defensively. Some great crosses though and looked much more comfortable further forward.

Burn - 7 -Painfully out of position all game - LWB then Lb but handled it well and had a decent game

Proper - 9 MOM - Oozes class under Potter and drives forward

Stephens 7.5 - Decent game - made up for his mistake by smashing J-****-R

Gross - 8 - Some nice touches and intricate balls. Better than recently.

Murray - 6 - Nothing seemed to go for him but did at least get in the right positions and worked hard.

Maupay 7 - great finish and some neat play. Still don’t feel I’ve seen enough of him to make a definitive opinion on him yet though - strangely.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Proper was CLASS and a clear MOM for me. Nobody played badly after a shakey start. Webster did great at right back. Gross was good. Oh maybe Myrrray played badly actually but at least he was getting in the right positions.

Propper was at fault for the goal by not being bothered to track back with his man. So cost us 2 points .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Propper was at fault for the goal by not being bothered to track back with his man. So cost us 2 points .

Granted I haven’t seen it and didn’t notice what happened in normal time. If that’s correct mark down a point but still MOM - he looks so good this season.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Propper is immense going forwards now but does leave us exposed. Might want to see Baluta next to Stephens with Propper ahead of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan 7

March 7.5 - a shaky first 30 minutes, then seemingly everywhere, a far better defender than Montoya.
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Burn 6
Webster 7

Stephens 7
Propper 7.5 same as Solly, far better from 30 minutes
Gross 7 - also took time to get going

Murray 5 - not his day. Too tense when decision making.
Maupay 7.5 - his lovely finish made a mockery of the NSC’er/s who’ve been calling him Championship at best. Fantastic to have a striker with pace, the Burnley defenders didn’t like it.

Nothing of note from the subs imho.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Propper was top class today. Best player in the middle by a mile. Not only does he have a brilliant first touch but I love the way he always has that extra second on the ball. Cool, calm and composed. If anyone is going to benefit from Potters style of play it's Propper. The shackles are off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

This - all day long.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

Typical. Why do quality players who play with a touch of class and imagination rather than relying on energy and stamina always take the flack for 'not working hard enough' whenever the chips are down ?

I remember Murray getting similar criticism when he first joined us at the Withdean in the 3rd division.

I guess some people can't see class even if it whacked them right in the face.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here