Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Train Disruption between Eastbourne and Lewes

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Disruption between Eastbourne and Lewes expected until 16:00
Hide details
A person has been hit by a train between Eastbourne and Lewes, blocking all lines.
As a result of this, trains may be cancelled or delayed.
This is expected to continue until 16:00

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
so Lewes - Falmer is stuffed too?

Lewes to Falmer is ok in as far as it's open and Seafords and Lewes shuttles are running and most seem to be on time but again the drivers needed to drive those may be stuck elsewhere but if you can get to Lewes or Brighton then you should be ok (again just my opinion looking from afar, don't take as gospel).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Lewes to Falmer is ok in as far as it's open and Seafords and Lewes shuttles are running and most seem to be on time but again the drivers needed to drive those may be stuck elsewhere but if you can get to Lewes or Brighton then you should be ok (again just my opinion looking from afar, don't take as gospel).

When we were at Falmer all trains from Lewes had been cancelled so just a heads up people, check before you set off

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
From Eastbourne 13.11 cancelled. 13.25 Victoria change lewes on time. 13.38 on time. Later trains showing as ontime

Do not trust that national rail app , say on time then delayed then cancelled . Update the affected train has been moved to lewes then onto depot but they are shutting power off again to clear up the track near ripe .

Did attempt to drive to lewes but roads are rubbish so have turned around will try a later train if one appears at polegate otherwise it’s sitting at home watching on a steam for me

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
When we were at Falmer all trains from Lewes had been cancelled so just a heads up people, check before you set off

At this moment there are 2 trains on their way from Lewes to Falmer but both are behind the (seemingly very slow and poorly) train involved in the disruption earlier. Other than that it should be ok. Nothing has left Eastbourne yet in the Lewes direction.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems the infomation systems are broken, future trains show "ontime" from Eastbourne but delays from Lewes. sounds like getting to Lewes by car is the plan, what bus route from there if need plan B?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
seems the infomation systems are broken, future trains show "ontime" from Eastbourne but delays from Lewes. sounds like getting to Lewes by car is the plan, what bus route from there if need plan B?

Or drive to Seaford and get train

Rail replacement announced for EB / Lewes

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
No train out of Brighton to Falmer for half an hour now. Next one due 13:11.suggest whichever way you are coming you get cracking and have a pish before you join the queue.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
No train out of Brighton to Falmer. Just1got.on the 12:57 which left 25 minutes late. Coach I'm on has empty seats! whichever way you are coming you get cracking and have a pish before you join the queue.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
At EB Station now. 13.38 definitely running or so the staff say. Edit now on train and looking good. Gooner be crowded though as they are piling London bound passangers on it to go via BTN

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Trains are fine from Lewes to Falmer.

If coming from direction would advise you to get to Lewes by car/bus

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
One thing to come out of this yesterday in hindsight was the attitude of people. It was obvious what had happened, but me and people I was speaking to about it and heard were instantly reflecting on the sadness and tragedy of what had occurred and the individual concerned, who nobody knew, as well as The Southern Rail and Network Rail people who would have to deal with it as part of their job, rather than bemoan an insignificant, disrupted journey. Attitudes have definitely changed. Sorrow was the instant emotion not inconvenience. The language and recriminations in an incident like this, that would have present 20 years ago by rail travelers, are totally different, or least were amongst the people I was speaking to or heard yesterday and not just football goers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here