Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murray was not very poor imo, admittedly it's obvious he is past his prime, but he still played an important role today and was useful.

Hmm, two dreadful attempts at ball control when through in the penalty area and a missed header. Other than that he did OK

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You are normally level headed but even you are caught up in this nice football.

1-1

These are my overall perspective just now.

1. Away at ManC - I totally agree with your views, that was crap football by the Albion. Pushing players forward, leaving huge spaces behind, was pathetically naive football against them. ManC, Spurs and LFC will destroy any team doing that, and do! I vehemently disagree with those who sucked up to Guardiola, chuffed that their idol praised our approach. Well of course he would.

2. I loved the Albion’s performance today from the 30 minute mark. It was not pretty football going nowhere, it created so much, every forward and midfielder performed well. Put it this, Dyche would’ve found that second half extremely uncomfortable.

3. It’s always naive to let a quality have a strike 20 yards out. Hendrick has always been one such player, he’s often starred in Ireland internationals. But that’s not going to ruin my weekend. I got so many positives out of today, playing that way in the last hour was just a dream under CH in the end.

Apart from the first 20 mins, that was dire!

Arguably a draw was a 'fair' result although at the moment it feels like 2 solid points lost.

You're right, the first 30 minutes was dreadful. We just seemed disjointed. Having said that, they weren't any better than us.

For the last 60 minutes, we were by far the better team. We had better control and belief. The only mistake we made was not putting more chances away.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Hmm, two dreadful attempts at ball control when through in the penalty area and a missed header. Other than that he did OK

You're right, he did **** up a few times (what was that shot attempt?!) but I still think he contributed. I'm sure that there is someone potentially better but he wasn't very poor.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
The trouble is the football under Hughton had a massive effect on us all. Any new manager wouldn't have been so negative. We have gone the other way now.

Listen, pal - you do not know what you're talking about. Your opinion is nothing more than embarrassing and if you believe we're going down - fine. Don't try and impose your shit and moody personality on others on a Saturday night, after yet another impressive performance.
I'm glad I didn't have to watch us hang on for 40 minutes after we went 1 up, like we would of last season.
Wake up.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Man, the hurt of the underserved last second equaliser... yet had it been the other way round, i’d be elated. The result remains the same however, and that is an encouraging thought. Indeed anyone who thought GP would turn us into a brilliant force pushing into the top ten, would have been fooling themselves. The players remain a bottom six group, yet the style is (surely) a less bitter pill to swallow. If we finish fourth from bottom playing like this, well i’d be happier than I felt at the conclusion of last season.

As I say, our recruitment and departures have really only kept us at our ‘level,’ to expect much more is folly.

Sixth from bottom would represent genuine progress given the current spending rate of our near rivals.

See you all at Newcastle x

If you need me to correct my post, I will. Unfortunately predictive text doesn't recognise Moy, so it came out as May. I just assumed that any Brighton fan who knows our players and knows what happened in the game would realise what had haappened. But thank you for trying to make me look like an idiot. Hope you feel better about yourself now.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Listen, pal - you do not know what you're talking about. Your opinion is nothing more than embarrassing and if you believe we're going down - fine. Don't try and impose your shit and moody personality on others on a Saturday night, after yet another impressive performance.
I'm glad I didn't have to watch us hang on for 40 minutes after we went 1 up, like we would of last season.
Wake up.

You muppet. You will see the daylight soon don't worry. There's a few like you on here :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So annoying but we move on

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Lots of moaners here today I see.

First 38 minutes was very poor - afterwards we were generally very good, and ultimately got caught out by a good shot against the run of play. Most keepers wouldn't have saved it.

Murray should have come off for Connolly at 60 minutes. It wasn't Murray's day today.
Should have kept March on all game.

My only real gripe (aside from the first 38 minutes) is the absolute lack of urgency.
We concede at 91 minutes, and have 3 minutes to go for it - but instead, the defenders play the ball in their own half for 2 minutes.
Players generally seem scared to take chances, aside from March and Maupay.

Burn and Webster were great. I have a lot of confidence in them.
March is getting better every season.
Murray should be a first 60 or final 30 player only (purely due to father-time slowing his legs).

Question marks were raised regarding Potter and shipping Andone off.

Overall, disappointed as it feels like a loss, but cautiously optimistic as we confidently outplayed Burnley for most of the game.
Excited with the new signings.

We also have a couple of very impactful players out with injury, I'm very much looking forward to having them back.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you need me to correct my post, I will. Unfortunately predictive text doesn't recognise Moy, so it came out as May. I just assumed that any Brighton fan who knows our players and knows what happened in the game would realise what had haappened. But thank you for trying to make me look like an idiot. Hope you feel better about yourself now.

People only light heartedly point out typo’s, there’s zero malice. It’s the way of NSC. Please don’t take such a reply seriously.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Lots of moaners here today I see.

First 38 minutes was very poor - afterwards we were generally very good, and ultimately got caught out by a good shot against the run of play. Most keepers wouldn't have saved it.

Murray should have come off for Connolly at 60 minutes. It wasn't Murray's day today.
Should have kept March on all game.

My only real gripe (aside from the first 38 minutes) is the absolute lack of urgency.
We concede at 91 minutes, and have 3 minutes to go for it - but instead, the defenders play the ball in their own half for 2 minutes.
Players generally seem scared to take chances, aside from March and Maupay.

Burn and Webster were great. I have a lot of confidence in them.
March is getting better every season.
Murray should be a first 60 or final 30 player only (purely due to father-time slowing his legs).

Question marks were raised regarding Potter and shipping Andone off.

Overall, disappointed as it feels like a loss, but cautiously optimistic as we confidently outplayed Burnley for most of the game.
Excited with the new signings.

We also have a couple of very impactful players out with injury, I'm very much looking forward to having them back.
I agree with all your points

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Actually I assumed it was a typo but as you decided to take offence, it's now apparent that you don't actually know his name. There is absolutely no need for me to try and make you look stupid as you seem perfectly capable of doing that yourself.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agreed.
I don't think he should be of for that long if he's playing like he did today.
We also have a couple of very impactful players out with injury, I'm very much looking forward to having them back
I'd love to see us playing with a fit Izquierdo, Maupay and Trossard up front.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I long for the day we replace Davy Propper.

Seeing him not bother to track back with his player who then scores has done my head in too many times.

Screenshot_20190914-165551.png

Screenshot_20190914-170029.png

Screenshot_20190914-170043.png

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
How is that worrying? We were fantastic barring that last minute goal.

Simple drawing and losing against teams we should be beating where are the other 37/38 points coming from got to take your chance we don’t goals win games how many other teams get rid of three strikers after the transfer window shuts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nothing Ryan could have done about that. There player had time to pick his spot. So much room.

That’s why I said spineless, they troubled us once down the middle, and scored, the centre mid through to the defenders, and the little chap in goal were completely outdone by that move.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here