Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That’s why I said spineless, they troubled us once down the middle, and scored, the centre mid through to the defenders, and the little chap in goal were completely outdone by that move.
Agree Phil. Superb goal but fooking awful defending in 90 minutes like i say. That is the Potter effect.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Listen, pal - you do not know what you're talking about. Your opinion is nothing more than embarrassing and if you believe we're going down - fine. Don't try and impose your shit and moody personality on others on a Saturday night, after yet another impressive performance.
I'm glad I didn't have to watch us hang on for 40 minutes after we went 1 up, like we would of last season.
Wake up.

I love the new way we are playing. But it's no use if we don't get the points. We may very well turn into one of those teams who play nice stuff but go down anyway. It may be a work in progress but in the PL there is no time at all to work on it and with very little back up up front (which is entirely self inflicted) I fear for us this season. But I really really hope I'm wrong and we translate good play into points soon.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Not worried about the draw.
Seen enough in these 5 games that I’m really not worried about relegation.
Loving the way we’re playing and with bisouma, Trossard and izquierdo to come back, we’ll be more than fine.
So much better than last year although slightly unlucky we haven’t amassed more points but I’m feeling really positive

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I long for the day we replace Davy Propper.

Seeing him not bother to track back with his player who then scores has done my head in too many times.

Propper and Montoya simply can’t defend and lack pace, that’s cost us so many goals and points. But there’s a place for Propper pushed further forward, with Stephens and Mooy or Bissouma shielding the back 3. The trouble is, Gross or Trossard take that ACM/no10 role.

GP needs to solve it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Everybody seems a bit cross today. Have I missed something while I was gardening?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Not worried about the draw.
Seen enough in these 5 games that I’m really not worried about relegation.
Loving the way we’re playing and with bisouma, Trossard and izquierdo to come back, we’ll be more than fine.
So much better than last year although slightly unlucky we haven’t amassed more points but I’m feeling really positive
:bowdown: All hail Moggy, you are the anti spence:)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Lots of moaners here today I see.

First 38 minutes was very poor - afterwards we were generally very good, and ultimately got caught out by a good shot against the run of play. Most keepers wouldn't have saved it.

Murray should have come off for Connolly at 60 minutes. It wasn't Murray's day today.
Should have kept March on all game.

My only real gripe (aside from the first 38 minutes) is the absolute lack of urgency.
We concede at 91 minutes, and have 3 minutes to go for it - but instead, the defenders play the ball in their own half for 2 minutes.
Players generally seem scared to take chances, aside from March and Maupay.

Burn and Webster were great. I have a lot of confidence in them.
March is getting better every season.
Murray should be a first 60 or final 30 player only (purely due to father-time slowing his legs).

Question marks were raised regarding Potter and shipping Andone off.

Overall, disappointed as it feels like a loss, but cautiously optimistic as we confidently outplayed Burnley for most of the game.
Excited with the new signings.

We also have a couple of very impactful players out with injury, I'm very much looking forward to having them back.

Tend to agree with most of this. Murray should have been replaced at 60 minutes and we could have had a spell with Connelly and Maupay up front!

With regard to urgency, would apply that at times to March. There was a moment before they scored when he receive the ball deep in their half near the goal line on our left and just stood still when he had time to get into the box. If you're going to stand still, do it in their box or get to the corner flag (preferably not that though). It's 1-0 and we know it takes one lapse to lose the lead.

Goal kicks. Atrocious today in the first half. What is the point of passing to Duffy just for him to lay the ball back to Ryan to hoof. Also, if you are doing that then Duffy needs an option wide of him but there never was.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Everybody seems a bit cross today. Have I missed something while I was gardening?

Not me :)

I class myself as a rather simplistic fan who doesn’t claim to know more about the game than the managers and their staff so I don’t worry about all that.

I enjoyed the match sitting in the sunshine with good company even though the final result was disappointing. I even celebrated our goal without a thought of VAR, I’d forgotten all about that.

Mind you the day didn’t end well as the door on the coach wouldn’t shut and we didn’t get away from the ground until nearly 6.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Propper and Montoya simply can’t defend and lack pace, that’s cost us so many goals and points. But there’s a place for Propper pushed further forward, with Stephens and Mooy or Bissouma shielding the back 3. The trouble is, Gross or Trossard take that ACM/no10 role.

GP needs to solve it.

In my mind a number 10 should be your second goal scorer and no way is Propper a goal scorer. two great chances for him today and he did a Boris on both of them.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Still don't have the punch upfront to monopolise on our dominance................still a worrying thought......ship two strikers out, no one to replace them

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Still don't have the punch upfront to monopolise on our dominance................still a worrying thought......ship two strikers out, no one to replace them

It’s ok because the two shipped out never troubled anyone so on balance we’re better off as a club. In old days we’d got someone else in but can’t because of windows. Still better off though.

boik

Just caught up with this thread since final whistle.

people seem to have forgotten what football is actually like. Against Watford, almost every shot we had went in. That's what happened for Burnley today. Last season we had those 3 1-0 which we probably didn't deserve. Each 90 minutes is a bit of a lottery, but over the season you tend to get what you deserve.

Football is a fickle mistress!

Still, good to see Spence back when we didn't actually lose. Things are looking up!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In my mind a number 10 should be your second goal scorer and no way is Propper a goal scorer. two great chances for him today and he did a Boris on both of them.

This. Didn’t go today but mainstream media are picking Proppers spurned chances out as part of why we didn’t win. As if we regulars need telling. Give the guy a banjo and basically the cows relax, point and just laugh at him. We won’t do better whilst he’s first 11. Virgins score more frequently.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
This. Didn’t go today but mainstream media are picking Proppers spurned chances out as part of why we didn’t win. As if we regulars need telling. Give the guy a banjo and basically the cows relax, point and just laugh at him. We won’t do better whilst he’s first 11. Virgins score more frequently.

Totally agree with this. Constantly our weak link!

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
It’s ok because the two shipped out never troubled anyone so on balance we’re better off as a club. In old days we’d got someone else in but can’t because of windows. Still better off though.

so you're happy should Murray/Maupay , heaven forbid , get injured/suspended ? I was referring to the lack of back up in that department, not the lack of quality that we've shipped out !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Did they miss Murray's header then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here