Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Because you're talking utter shit, like you always do.

You have no idea :lol:

Give a couple more games and even you will be calling for Potter's head along with many others.

I saw through Potter's tactics weeks ago. I'm not convinced one bit. It might be pleasing on the eye but the defending is women's football stuff.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Gutting. I still think we'll be fine though. Perfomances are miles better than last season. Only a matter of time before we batter someone.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There are a lot of negatives on here. The points may not be there, but the performances are so much better than last season.

We have outplayed West Ham, Southampton and Burnley, but only got 2 points from those three games, when we should have had at least 6.

Time will tell where we end up, but if we keep playing the way we are, we will start to climb the table. We need to have some faith.

None of those sides are top 6. Wake up

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I'm absolutely gutted. We outplayed them all day long. They deserve nothing from that game. One shot on target and the f#cker goes in!

But we need to put these teams to the sword when we are up. One goal is just not enough!

Apart from the first 20 mins, that was dire!

Arguably a draw was a 'fair' result although at the moment it feels like 2 solid points lost.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where were the sitting midfielders in the 90 minute ?

Sometimes (most games at the moment) you just have to live with it. Gutting but we are moving in the right direction imo. I know you think we are down. I accept that we could easily get relegated but we won’t be going down stinking the division out which I am convinced we would have done with CH still here

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I think we were far more clinical in general last season. Hopefully we are going to catch up with our ‘expected goals’ before too long! I feel we’ve been quite unlucky as well. Onwards and upwards. Off out tonight so will have to get out of this crap mood :)

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Nothing we, or any other side, could have done against a goal like that.

Perhaps a better keeper would have saved it, but not poor defending otherwise.

Quite, but a good goal doesn’t mean a freak goal, nor an unavoidable one. Hendrick isn’t renowned for his pace but burned away from Propper at the start of the move and finished it with space to swing a large cat. Just think there was an element of laziness to it on our part.

C’est la vie.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sometimes (most games at the moment) you just have to live with it. Gutting but we are moving in the right direction imo. I know you think we are down. I accept that we could easily get relegated but we won’t be going down stinking the division out which I am convinced we would have done with CH still here

The trouble is the football under Hughton had a massive effect on us all. Any new manager wouldn't have been so negative. We have gone the other way now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did anyone on here think we WOULDN’T be in a relegation battle this season?

Look on the bright side, we haven’t dropped into the bottom three yet :smile:

It’s tough being an Albion fan in this league

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Did anyone on here think we WOULDN’T be in a relegation battle this season?

Look on the bright side, we haven’t dropped into the bottom three yet :smile:

It’s tough being an Albion fan in this league

Quite.

Tough league, new manager. It will take time.

Seem to recall people were less than enthused about Hughton joining and even less so when they saw the football that ended up keeping us in the Championship.

Worked out alright.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Can’t keep relying on Muz!! He was very poor today but we’ve not replaced him- gonna struggle I fear

Murray was not very poor imo, admittedly it's obvious he is past his prime, but he still played an important role today and was useful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here