Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Baked Beans Rule - Peas are shit

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'll eat both but beans on toast with grated cheese and then under the grill for a few seconds more is to die for.

Not tried beans in cottage/shepherds pie but that is now on the menu.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Baked beans butty, yum
Pea sandwich? I don't think so, unless you mean those mushy pea pastry things they do in Malta, which are also yum

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No beans, no wine, no craft beer. You're a heathen. What else is in your no list?
Balls of cardboard, cat piss and soapy dish water. Everything else is on the menu

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Both rock. Beans win it for me i think. I can interchange the 2 quite happily on most stuff. Except peas on toast or a roast spud. Or beans on a roast. Or peas on a fry up

Other than that...

Beans win actually for sure

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Beans in a fry up but they have to be served hot. Not warm.

Hot and overcooked. slightly mushy but with the sauce retained, and hot, very hot, hotter than a sandhoppers chuff!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I sometimes have cold beans on toast and then place a tin of cold tuna on the top.

Lovely.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Baked beans have their place (predominately on toast), but as they arrive smothered in tomato sauce, said sauce will routinely invade and violate other foodstuffs on the plate. They can be quarantined within another recepticle to prevent cross-contamination, but that does of course result in more washing up and general faff. To this end, my full english will always be sans baked beans.

Peas carry no such hazards, and so in the context of a hot dinner are infinitely preferable and superior (although not in a breakfast context - I'm not some kind of animal).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Shepherds pie and baked beans? Nope. No way.

Interestingly when Fabio Capello became England manager he absolutely raved about that. He'd heard so much about how crap English cooking was, and then when he came to London he had Shepherds [pie and baked beans and thought it was one of the best meals he'd ever had. Phenomenal combination of textures and flavours.

It's one of my favourites too!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Peas on Toast would be the prime example.

Indeed. It's horses for courses innit? Sometimes beans are right, sometimes peas. Occasionally they're interchangeable, but not often.

And speaking of horses: horsemeat and chips and ..... peas or beans?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I sometimes have cold beans on toast and then place a tin of cold tuna on the top.

Lovely.

Like this...?

PROD-Baked-Beans.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here