Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Baked Beans Rule - Peas are shit

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A lot of people do not know the difference. If there are any on here, Shepherds Pie is made with minced Lamb Cottage pie with other mince meat usually beef. Sorry for those who knew that but a I said some may not.

Blimey, do people really not know the difference? I find that hard (although not impossible) to believe. They might be prepared in a similar manner, but they come from two different animals; next you'll be telling me people don't know the difference between fried fish and fried chicken.

boik

I like baked beans, but not Heinz, which seem to have cornered the market. Far to sweet and lacking in tomato for my liking. The best used to be Cross and Blackwell, but they stopped making them. Guess I'm in the minority - again!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I like baked beans, but not Heinz, which seem to have cornered the market. Far to sweet and lacking in tomato for my liking. The best used to be Cross and Blackwell, but they stopped making them. Guess I'm in the minority - again!

Freak :)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Crosse and blackwell still make them, get mine from Tescos.. And yes they are miles better than insipid Heinz. anyone who disagrees ^^ clearly has never tried them.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
On the news this am. beans now being grown in GB, prob said before but cba to look. Looking forward to GBBB.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Don't mind Heinz, but don't see any point in paying extra for them when the stores' own brands are just as good and much cheaper (though best steer clear of the ultra cheap economy ones). Taste wise, pretty much all beans are OK - except Branston. Yuk!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

We prefer Branston, thicker and tastier sauce

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here