Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Warner: Piece of shit

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Oh give over .... bullying indeed :facepalm: I have no interest in cricket whatsoever and wouldn't have even opened the thread if I'd known it was about cricket but Mr Hart selected the subject as Albion rather than Cricket and then wrote a cryptic opening post so how was I, or anyone else without any interest in cricket, meant to know what the rant was about ?

I’ve been thinking about how to reply to “bullying indeed”, because the simple fact is YES it is bullying.

My natural reaction was one of anger because I hate bullying and your casual indifference to it, but maybe rather than trying to shout you down I’ll just try and explain to you where you went wrong. Because it occurs to me that rather than just cricket, your ignorance clearly extends to the subject of online bullying. Maybe it even extends to the fact the OP started a thread regarding the effects of online bullying on his daughter who has been subjected to it recently and the negative impacts it can have on a young person’s life.

However your comment clearly shows you were aware of his daughter’s television appearance, so the fact you thought it was ok to poke fun at his with that comment suggests 1 of 2 things. Firstly that you don’t care what impact it has. Let’s hope it’s not that, because that wouldn’t just put you in the ignorant camp but also the odious human being one. The second option is you’re just ignorant about what online bullying entails and that you were writing something that would have negative and potentially harmful impact.

I can’t know what you were thinking, only you can. But if you want to brush this off as an overreaction, just dismiss it, call me a snowflake etc, you can, but I’d point out that is exactly what bullies do so that they can justify to themselves that they aren’t really bad people. Alternatively you could have a think about it for a second, and recognise that you made a mistake posting that comment. That even though you thought it was a throwaway comment you could have actually be doing some damage to someone else. And if you do come to that conclusion, it wouldn’t hurt to maybe offer the OP an apology.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I’ve been thinking about how to reply to “bullying indeed”, because the simple fact is YES it is bullying.

My natural reaction was one of anger because I hate bullying and your casual indifference to it, but maybe rather than trying to shout you down I’ll just try and explain to you where you went wrong. Because it occurs to me that rather than just cricket, your ignorance clearly extends to the subject of online bullying. Maybe it even extends to the fact the OP started a thread regarding the effects of online bullying on his daughter who has been subjected to it recently and the negative impacts it can have on a young person’s life.

However your comment clearly shows you were aware of his daughter’s television appearance, so the fact you thought it was ok to poke fun at his with that comment suggests 1 of 2 things. Firstly that you don’t care what impact it has. Let’s hope it’s not that, because that wouldn’t just put you in the ignorant camp but also the odious human being one. The second option is you’re just ignorant about what online bullying entails and that you were writing something that would have negative and potentially harmful impact.

I can’t know what you were thinking, only you can. But if you want to brush this off as an overreaction, just dismiss it, call me a snowflake etc, you can, but I’d point out that is exactly what bullies do so that they can justify to themselves that they aren’t really bad people. Alternatively you could have a think about it for a second, and recognise that you made a mistake posting that comment. That even though you thought it was a throwaway comment you could have actually be doing some damage to someone else. And if you do come to that conclusion, it wouldn’t hurt to maybe offer the OP an apology.

I think you're far too sensitive would be my reply. If Ian thinks I've been out of line then I'm more than happy to apologise to him ..... I'm not apologising to you though. Although I suspect Lenny Rider has a thick skin and saw it as no more than the cheeky post it was meant to be. Indeed, my avatar, is in honour of something he said on the radio. So go away and stop being so sensitive and offended on someone elses behalf .... you'll enjoy life more then.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
I think you're far too sensitive would be my reply. If Ian thinks I've been out of line then I'm more than happy to apologise to him ..... I'm not apologising to you though. Although I suspect Lenny Rider has a thick skin and saw it as no more than the cheeky post it was meant to be. Indeed, my avatar, is in honour of something he said on the radio. So go away and stop being so sensitive and offended on someone elses behalf .... you'll enjoy life more then.

I didn't ask you to apologise to me. You can dismiss my comments and call your own “cheeky” but that’s what bullies do to tell themselves their not bad people. It doesn’t surprise me you don’t like me being “offended on someone else’s behalf” because again, bullies don’t like people standing up to them, and being shown they’re in the wrong.
You tell yourself they were “cheeky” comments, but as I’ve said your poor attempts to excuse those comments and the casualness with which refuse to accept they might be out of order, simply demonstrate your ignorance extends way beyond cricket.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Met a nasty death in The Omen
View attachment 115214
Fantastic actor, his role in Star Trek: The Next Generation is a particular favourite of mine.

The scenes he shared with Sir Patrick Stewart still stand for me as the best pure acting anywhere in Star Trek - I know that might not be saying much to some, but both men are genuinely superb in them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I didn't ask you to apologise to me. You can dismiss my comments and call your own “cheeky” but that’s what bullies do to tell themselves their not bad people. It doesn’t surprise me you don’t like me being “offended on someone else’s behalf” because again, bullies don’t like people standing up to them, and being shown they’re in the wrong.
You tell yourself they were “cheeky” comments, but as I’ve said your poor attempts to excuse those comments and the casualness with which refuse to accept they might be out of order, simply demonstrate your ignorance extends way beyond cricket.

OMG - how on earth do you cope at the match when all those awful away fans are singing nasty songs ….. it must feel like bullying to you ! :facepalm:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fantastic actor, his role in Star Trek: The Next Generation is a particular favourite of mine.

The scenes he shared with Sir Patrick Stewart still stand for me as the best pure acting anywhere in Star Trek - I know that might not be saying much to some, but both men are genuinely superb in them.

Always liked Dave Warner - believe he also played two different roles in two of the Star Trek movies.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Always liked Dave Warner - believe he also played two different roles in two of the Star Trek movies.
Yep, the Federation Ambassador to Nimbus III in Star Trek V and the Klingon Chancellor in Star Trek VI.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
OMG - how on earth do you cope at the match when all those awful away fans are singing nasty songs ….. it must feel like bullying to you ! :facepalm:

I could reply to that in a similarly pathetic response and we can go back and forth, but I don’t see the point of that. This is going to be my last post.

But for the record I didn’t use the word ignorant in my previous posts as an insult, I used it to try and point out that you don’t understand what online bullying is, because if you did you wouldn’t have a pop at someone’s daughter who had been exposed to it.

Let’s consider what would happen if I’m wrong. If I’m wrong and being over sensitive, some people on a forum think I’m sad and oversensitive, big deal, I can live with that. But if you’re wrong, and someone finds your “cheeky” comments to be bullying, hurtful or damaging, then that can have a massive impact. Especially when you consider victims of online bullying regularly report suicidal thoughts.

I’m not saying your comments are going to drive the OP to suicide but your failure to even acknowledge that they were anything other “cheeky”, is staggering. You make it easy to see how big a problem online bullying is because perpetrators clearly don’t think at all about their actions. You clearly have some self-entitled feeling that you have free reign to say whatever you like to people online regardless of the consequences.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think it’s you who is wrong here. At the very very worst [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]s comment was a crass, nothing more.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I watched Channel 9 (Aus) coverage of the Ashes two nights ago and they had the CEO of Cricket Australia complaining about the treatment of Smith by the English crowds and how the aussies would never do such a nasty thing/
I've never known anything in international sport to match the hypocrisy of the Aussie cricket team.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've never known anything in international sport to match the hypocrisy of the Aussie cricket team.

They're cheats, they've always been cheats and they'll try to win by whatever means. Remember the under arm ball? The steel bat?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Typicaal of Test Match cricket. Spend a maximum of 25 days playing, end up drawing.....why not play a one day match tomorrow to decide the Ashes ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They're cheats, they've always been cheats and they'll try to win by whatever means. Remember the under arm ball?
Although that is true, and they have recently brought the game into disrepute with their staggering level of cheating, it's not that which bothers me, as other countries have tried varies methods to cheat over the years (like using bottle tops). What grates is their Jekyll and Hyde view on what's acceptable. Booing and jeering opponents in the hope of making them cry or have a breakdown is fine, but as soon as someone gives a little stick back they're suddenly innocent little choir boys and the opponents are completely unacceptable.

They're an embarrassment to sport.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
'I am not a criminal'

DW1.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I like the idea the justice system in Australia would sentence someone to not be allowed to the cricket teams vice captain. Presumably it's cheaper than prison and more effective than tagging
I genuinely reacted the same. No one said you were a criminal David, just that you cheated in such a devious way and influenced a young player to do so that you shouldn't be able to lead a cricket team again. This isn't some draconian sentence, it was just a rule because you cheated.

If there was any evidence he's not fit for leadership it's this statement.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here