Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Challenging or Fouling?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I’ve seen written in a few places repeatedly at the BBC.

“He (Laporte) damaged his cartilage and lateral meniscus in a challenge with Brighton defender Adam Webster.”

Shirley he damaged his knee in the process of fouling Webster?

Is it just me who sees the difference?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49688881

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
If it was Webster on Laporte, it would have been "....damaged his cartilage and lateral meniscus flying in to potentially snap Laporte's leg in two..."

As it was only a Brighton player though, it doesn't count. :glare:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I chatted with a City fan on another forum who was at the game and almost in front of the incident. He agreed it was a reckless challenge. He also said how refreshing it was to see the way Brighton played at the Etihad, in fact he was sure if we keep playing like that we’ll stay up comfortably

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nobody is claiming our boy maimed him. Let's move on, shall we? ???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I chatted with a City fan on another forum who was at the game and almost in front of the incident. He agreed it was a reckless challenge. He also said how refreshing it was to see the way Brighton played at the Etihad, in fact he was sure if we keep playing like that we’ll stay up comfortably

There are other forums? :moo:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The right person got injured for a deliberate attack on one of our players, which was very dangerous and should have been red. Tough shit

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It seems hard to feel for him knowing how he got injured. It could very easily have been Webster out for months due to a woeful challenge but he was lucky to come away unharmed

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Pretty sure it's classed as a 'challenge' by the media when the player is in the squad of one of the 'Big 6' but is instead classed as a foul if the player is from one of the other 14. Big club bias extends to far more than just officiating decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here