Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The 100 best films of the 21st century - The Guardian

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have only heard of 3 of the top 20. Seen two. Team America and Deadpoo, 2. Both in the lower 20s of my top 50. Make that lower 40s.

Thirty somethings with too much time on their hands. FFS.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
should have been in there ......

Zodiac, Ex Machina, Headhunters, Dead Man's Shoes, A History of Violence, Three Billboards, Napolean Dynamite, Skyfall, Dread, Blade Runner 2049, Let The Right One In, Children of Men, City Of God, Pan's Labyrinth, House of Flying Daggers, Sunshine, Gone Girl, Son of Rambow, Baby Driver, Grizzly Man, In Bruges and Hard To Be A God.

that was off the top of my head earlier today

I'd add

The Big Short and one of the Planet of The Apes films (not the Tim Burton one)

I was waiting for someone to mention Three Billboards. I'd also add Midnight in Paris to your excellent list.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Spielberg should have been in contention with these he has made this century. AI, Minority Report, Munich, War House and Bridge of Spies

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Very surprised Room did not make the top 100

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
There'll be at least 20% of WHAT IS THAT DOING THEREs in anyone's top 100, but the majority of films here are of a reasonably high standard. Those saying typical Guardian shouldn't be surprised, as it's from the Guardian. What they appreciate of film may not be generally matching of the popular vote, but that's not a turn up for the books. I won't be reading the top 50 films of the last 2 decades in the Sun and expecting them to include Haneke's unsettling best.
Looking at that list again, though, and there's not a huge number of oddities.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What a load of old tosh .

The 100 greatest films of all time list should be made up of asking 100 people on the street their favorite movie , only then will you get the correct list and UP will be confirmed as the greatest ever movie EVER .

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Really surprised Whiplash isn't on the list. One of, if not the, best films of this decade

I saw that at the London Film Festival and it's the only film I can remember seeing in which everyone burst from their seat with applause at that ending. Hysterical with excitement, and great to forget oneself amongst it and in the rhythm.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bit rude that to be honest

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here