Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

The 100 best films of the 21st century - The Guardian

0 Not allowed!
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...e-21st-century

Deadpool II at #1 - Who'da thunk it.
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

7 Not allowed!
      I know it's all subjective and there's films on that list I don't agree with but I'm happy to accept some people are into them, that's cool. But I am really really struggling with the idea that someone thinks "Ted" is the 60th best film of the last 20 years.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...e-21st-century

Deadpool II at #1 - Who'da thunk it.
      When I looked, it was "There will be Blood".... or is Deadpool II another name for that
      "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposing team". Jean-Paul Sartre.

1 Not allowed!
      I was about to get furious at the absence of The Straight Story. A quick check shows it was released in 1999 though so all is well. Kudos to Shoplifters at 15. Well worth a go if you've not seen it.
      Albion and Rhinos forever.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Braggfan View Post
      I know it's all subjective and there's films on that list I don't agree with but I'm happy to accept some people are into them, that's cool. But I am really really struggling with the idea that someone thinks "Ted" is the 60th best film of the last 20 years.
      Indeed. I suppose they tried to desnootify themselves once or twice - Paddington 2, for instance, although that was a great watch.
      I'm peeved to find 12 Years a Slave at number 2 whilst A Separation is number 36. And wait a minute what the assfackery is Lincoln doing in there? I'm going off for an hour-long loud tut for lunch now.
      Milk, milk, lemonade
      Round the corner chocolate's made

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Meade's Ball View Post
      Indeed. I suppose they tried to desnootify themselves once or twice - Paddington 2, for instance, although that was a great watch.
      I'm peeved to find 12 Years a Slave at number 2 whilst A Separation is number 36. And wait a minute what the assfackery is Lincoln doing in there? I'm going off for an hour-long loud tut for lunch now.
      Like I say there are things I didn't enjoy, but I understand they might be somebody's cup of tea. But if Ted had been made on Monday, I wouldn't even have it the top 60 films of this week.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Only seen 9 of them. Never even heard of some of them.

3 Not allowed!
      No Blade Runner 2049?! I was expecting it to be top 10. The most visually stunning film I have ever seen, and a profoundly moving plot.

Spirited Away feels like a token nod to Studio Ghibli, where films like The Tale of Princess Kaguya belong higher.

Also still baffled that it seems to have been widely agreed that The Incredibles is the best Pixar film, with no space for the far, far more emotionally intelligent Inside Out or Up.

All in my subjective opinion, of course.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Not 1 Marvel film in the list, and they have basically owned the 21st century from a box office perspective.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The list is very "the Guardian"

It also got me thinking, if the list was extended to the last 40 years, how many of the ones for last 20 years would have made it on? Not many