Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Alexei Sayle - what a piece of shit

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It really annoys me that, having read this in anticipation of some quality opportunities for OUTRAGE, I'm left frustrated.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Said this recently, which is quite funny.

"I’m not personally acquainted with many of those who plot against Jeremy Corbyn, but one who I did know quite well for a short time was Alastair Campbell. In 1987 I had a column, in fact an entire page, in the Sunday Mirror newspaper, and Campbell was then the political editor of the Daily Mirror. He had just returned to journalism after a spell in hospital following an incident where he had drunk himself into an alcoholic coma (I would not of course dream of mentioning this if he had not himself many times referred to it in the media, though he seems to have reframed the event from “alcoholic coma” to “psychotic episode”). He told me at the time the extraordinary amount he’d drunk, and believe me, that was enough to put absolutely anyone – plus their pet elephant – into an alcoholic coma. At the time, he seemed the unhappiest and angriest man I’d ever met, with a fierce and passionate loyalty to our employer Robert Maxwell, who – even before he was publicly exposed – everybody else recognised as a crook, a bully, and a liar.

Campbell was on the TV recently talking about his depression and the many ineffective miracle cures he’d tried in order to deal with it. But a friend of mine pointed out that the one thing he’d never considered was Alcoholics Anonymous. I wondered whether that’s because AA is a programme of honesty, and you can’t behave in the Machiavellian, conniving way he behaves and ever find any kind of serenity."

:laugh:

Thanks for the quote. Campbell was a the most Truthful man I’ve ever seen talk. So what’s the problem?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I thought you were going to say that the car was stolen, but they left the CD.

I once had a mini with a homemade walnut dashboard which the previous owner had fitted. I used the walnut dashboard to hide my car stereo/casette player. Although it wasn't exactly top of the range I still took the precaution as I didn't want to tempt thieves. One morning I got in the car and realised it had been broken into. They'd stolen the walnut dashboard but left my car stereo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks for the quote. Campbell was a the most Truthful man I’ve ever seen talk. So what’s the problem?

No problem at all. I thought the quote was funny, and it illustrates how harsh Sayle can be.

I have always liked Campbell, and I still do. Labour needs its Malcolm Tucker again.

The context here is someone has started an increasingly ludicrous thread about a National Treasure, out of small minded spite, or low tory hypocrisy (and still withour proper explanation) and a few Sayle fans have been posting ribald riposts. This drew out the usual scouse-baiting and irrelevant snooty comments about Sayle's comedy. 'Not funny'. FFS.

They should focus their attention on St Theresa, who took out a small onion and vowed to fight against domestic violence, then gave the wife-beating yorkshire bore Boycott a knighthood. She's proper not funny.

Anyway. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can take or leave his comedy but I like the Imaginary Sandwich Shop show he's been doing on R4 the last few years.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
John Bishop.

Is he supposed to be a comedian? Oh right, I must have been confused by the fact that he's never made me laugh, and always just seems to talk about how he became famous.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
That settles it. 'Piece of shit'; he is then.

Is nobody going to explain what he's done to cause the broflake outrage? I have searched online and all I can find is stuff that shows him to be funny :shrug:

shirley if it's broflake then chetsky must have been punting heavily from the right ....?? no ..?? i have lost touch with who's kicking which way tbh.....i love England in my heart ,soul and mind ........but it's politicians and media are an absolute ****ing disgrace . AS is and always has been b grade , he is probably gobbing off to get a few interviews booked in to pay his bugle man......maybe the graham norton show beckons.....WGAS....****.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Erm

I can actually say that. In the 80's some thieves broke into my car, stole the half decent radio/cassette player, but before they did so removed the Bob Geldof Cassette. I can now understand why.

I thought you were going to say that the car was stolen, but they left the CD.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The bloke is about as funny as an anal fissure.

I used to love the Young Ones, but he was ALWAYS the shit bit in that show. I couldn't wait for his (thankfully brief) cameos to be over, so we could get back to the funny stuff.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I can take or leave his comedy but I like the Imaginary Sandwich Shop show he's been doing on R4 the last few years.

Yes really enjoyed them, 2 series I think, it says he has another radio series this year - Alexei Sayle's - The Absence of Normal (2019)

I do not know if this is yet to come or I have somehow missed it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The bloke is about as funny as an anal fissure.

I used to love the Young Ones, but he was ALWAYS the shit bit in that show. I couldn't wait for his (thankfully brief) cameos to be over, so we could get back to the funny stuff.

Mike was a bit shit too

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I once had a mini with a homemade walnut dashboard which the previous owner had fitted. I used the walnut dashboard to hide my car stereo/casette player. Although it wasn't exactly top of the range I still took the precaution as I didn't want to tempt thieves. One morning I got in the car and realised it had been broken into. They'd stolen the walnut dashboard but left my car stereo.

Left my bike unlocked in Southwick Square - came back to find someone had pinched the pump from the frame, but left the bike. I felt quite insulted!

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Yes really enjoyed them, 2 series I think, it says he has another radio series this year - Alexei Sayle's - The Absence of Normal (2019)

I do not know if this is yet to come or I have somehow missed it.

Youve missed absence of normal, it was very good might still be on the app

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here