Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley match memories

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Vincelot and Barnes sent off within a few mins of each other. 0-1 down with 10 men and CMS fecks up a late equaliser. I think Smug Eddie was their manager

Two goals from Sidwell at Withdean, very late in the game to pull it back to 2-2

Not sure I can actually remember a game that I was at against Burnley that we won, I won’t be there on Saturday so it won’t be me jinxing it

The stamp on Kayal (?) from Barton that was overlooked in the game we drew and CH decided Goldson wasn’t tough enough. That may have been spread over two games, memory shot

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, as noted below, the 3-1 away win at the start of the season (somehow confused it with the first game some years later against Donny Rovers).

I had a car accident on the M6 on the way up to Burnley (travelling the day before) and wrote off my Golf. Aquaplaned while driving like a gold-plated tit-ninja. Made it to the game, though. Smashing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pkdjLdWq_o

Last edited:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
First match back at level 2 (2002 ?) (Division 1) winning 1-3. A great start to a very poor season.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
First match back at level 2 (2002 ?) (Division 1) winning 1-3. A great start to a very poor season.

A relegation season...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Vincelot and Barnes sent off within a few mins of each other. 0-1 down with 10 men and CMS fecks up a late equaliser. I think Smug Eddie was their manager

Two goals from Sidwell at Withdean, very late in the game to pull it back to 2-2

Not sure I can actually remember a game that I was at against Burnley that we won, I won’t be there on Saturday so it won’t be me jinxing it

The stamp on Kayal (?) from Barton that was overlooked in the game we drew and CH decided Goldson wasn’t tough enough. That may have been spread over two games, memory shot
I remember seeing Farrington score a screamer up there for a win. We did win 2 in a trot at the Amex and from the head to head since 2005, it all looks a bit "streaky". Worryingly that would need another L to continue.

16 Apr 2005 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion D 1-1 League Championship
24 Sep 2005 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion D 1-1 League Championship
31 Jan 2006 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley D 0-0 League Championship
17 Dec 2011 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley L 0-1 League Championship
06 Apr 2012 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion L 1-0 League Championship
01 Sep 2012 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion W 1-3 League Championship
23 Feb 2013 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley W 1-0 League Championship
24 Aug 2013 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley W 2-0 League Championship
28 Jan 2014 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion D 0-0 League Championship
22 Nov 2015 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion D 1-1 League Championship
02 Apr 2016 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley D 2-2 League Championship
16 Dec 2017 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley D 0-0 Premier League
28 Apr 2018 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion D 0-0 Premier League
08 Dec 2018 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion L 1-0 Premier League
09 Feb 2019 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley L 1-3 Premier League

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I remember seeing Farrington score a screamer up there for a win. We did win 2 in a trot at the Amex and from the head to head since 2005, it all looks a bit "streaky". Worryingly that would need another L to continue.

16 Apr 2005 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion D 1-1 League Championship
24 Sep 2005 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion D 1-1 League Championship
31 Jan 2006 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley D 0-0 League Championship
17 Dec 2011 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley L 0-1 League Championship
06 Apr 2012 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion L 1-0 League Championship
01 Sep 2012 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion W 1-3 League Championship
23 Feb 2013 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley W 1-0 League Championship
24 Aug 2013 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley W 2-0 League Championship
28 Jan 2014 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion D 0-0 League Championship
22 Nov 2015 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion D 1-1 League Championship
02 Apr 2016 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley D 2-2 League Championship
16 Dec 2017 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley D 0-0 Premier League
28 Apr 2018 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion D 0-0 Premier League
08 Dec 2018 Burnley v Brighton and Hove Albion L 1-0 Premier League
09 Feb 2019 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley L 1-3 Premier League

My memory is shot as I was at pretty well all the games in the first few seasons at the Amex and don’t recall us beating Burnley

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Remember chanting "Joey Barton is a w**ker" at the top of my lungs after that game only to be reminded, quite succinctly it has to be said, by a couple of Burnley fans that he'd be a Premier League w**ker soon. Literally had nothing to respond with so I shut my trap.

Topped off a frustrating day.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I know CMS was a massive disappointment, and I know he ballsed up that late chance, but he was brilliant in that game. He gave absolutely everything, and I remember thinking he missed the late chance due to utter exhaustion.

I am not normally a CMS fan, but fair's fair.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ashley Barnes bundling Maty Ryan unceremoniously into the back of his net at the Amex about 3 seconds after coming on as sub. Shouldn't laugh really. However... :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I lost my temper and walked out in February, after the ref denied us a penalty from a blatant handball in the north area, for Barnsey to race down the other end, get fouled and us giving away a penalty to them. I lost it completely.
The defender was seen afterwards laughing and demonstrating the handball as he walked off (seen on the 'highlights')

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Yes, as noted below, the 3-1 away win at the start of the season (somehow confused it with the first game some years later against Donny Rovers).

I had a car accident on the M6 on the way up to Burnley (travelling the day before) and wrote off my Golf. Aquaplaned while driving like a gold-plated tit-ninja. Made it to the game, though. Smashing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pkdjLdWq_o

Yes, I was at that one, got dogs abuse walking towards the car, no colours just a BIG grin probably gave it away

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, I was at that one, got dogs abuse walking towards the car, no colours just a BIG grin probably gave it away

Yes, my companion parked in an away fan friendly car park, and we had car loads of whippet-fiddlers mouthing obscenities at us as we tried to head off after the win. I have raised an eyebrow at them ever since. ???

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I sponsored that game!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
When Mark McGhee made Mark McCallum make his own way home from Turf Moor after a dressing room row in April 2005.

The old adage of 'what goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room' was blown apart, as a, now former, club employee texted us in the press box at 5.15 to reveal what was going on.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I remember the 3-1 victory up there in 1993. I was in the home crowd and jumped up and celebrated when Nogan scored. He spiralled in my direction, saw and acknowledged me. Surprised nothing came of it. These days I'd have my own thread on their forum.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I know CMS was a massive disappointment, and I know he ballsed up that late chance, but he was brilliant in that game. He gave absolutely everything, and I remember thinking he missed the late chance due to utter exhaustion.

I am not normally a CMS fan, but fair's fair.

If we are going to be fair to CMS it’s only right to post this goal of his against them :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldSYajU3Hss

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
January 1961 The Albion 3 v 3 Burnley
FA Cup. Burnley were League Champions at the time. One ot the best goals and games at The Goldstone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here