Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Music of nostalgia

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure if these meet your discrete criteria @HWT, but these evoke a central European nostalgic feel to me. Completely different eras and genres. First heard the former when a kid. Love em both.

Then this, I play it a great deal. I picture up a time where young Americans were emerging from a staid, Kelloggs happy families world, to new found freedoms, hope. Plus the sunnier clime of the west coast.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I missed this thread of yours first time H - not sure if you’ll class this as ‘tossers dressed up’ but it is from 1935. It was a hit in the 70s. Health warning in part one she does get bigger and in part three there is a massive tap sequence so plumbers should enjoy. I found part two disappointing so have left that for you to find

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The best Mellotron driven band for me, and I tend to like them all (of a certain vintage), were Gracious who just blew me away when I first purchased their debut album... in Martin Kitkat they had a player who could wrench the best sound (I’ve heard) from that absolute beast of an instrument...

https://youtu.be/8sRTgI6WbmU

This one is from the second album, which wasn’t promoted ended up on a budget label and then bargain bins... a mint original will set you back around £1000 or so :/

Last edited:

Chickenrunner

Jul 26, 2004
The best Mellotron driven band for me, and I tend to like them all (of a certain vintage), were Gracious who just blew me away when I first purchased their debut album... in Martin Kitkat they had a player who could wrench the best sound (I’ve heard) from that absolute beast of an instrument...

https://youtu.be/8sRTgI6WbmU

This one is from the second album, which wasn’t promoted ended up on a budget label and then bargain bins... a mint original will set you back around £1000 or so :/

Try "Spring" by er, Spring from 1971. Three of the band played Mellotron...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Try "Spring" by er, Spring from 1971. Three of the band played Mellotron...

I know, and yes the Spring album is brilliant too - I cherish both, but for me (of the two bands) I find the two Gracious albums are more varied and musically mad... which I love.

Thanks for mentioning Spring though, as they do tend to get forgotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here