Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Music of nostalgia

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is partly an excuse to post something by a new discovery, Johnathan Bree. My oh my! But there are other great examples of nostalgia music. I don't mean tossers dressing up as music hall characters. I mean brilliant insightful music that captures the essence of flavours of the past without mawkishness, but with an ability to cause a tugging in a heartstring. Nostalgia, in fact.

Here we go....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoMuGZIuWRo

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably missing the point of “El Weirdo of NSC music’s” :)smile:) thread but every time I hear this song it transports me back to the almost empty Priestfield after another customary defeat. I have no idea if they played this at the end of every game but my memory tells me they did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCkmIyC6v00

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OK, [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION], I was thinking of music that has intrinsic qualities of nostalgia, recognisable on first listen, rather han music that reminds you of the time you first heard that music.

Bringing the thread back....and with a song I am sure that even you will have heard, this is divine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qStlMci-Xx0

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Going back to the first posts, if you are old enough to remember the 60s, this transports me to a weird mix of 60s TV, sun sparkling on the sea at St Topez, mixed with heady days on Shoreham beach, cinema adverst for Kia Ora, and having a schoolboy crush on someone or other....

Edit the video itself is somewhat incongroups....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKch-N-zBOA

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Going back to the first posts, if you are old enough to remember the 60s, this transports me to a weird mix of 60s TV, sun sparkling on the sea at St Topez, mixed with heady days on Shoreham beach, cinema adverst for Kia Ora, and having a schoolboy crush on someone or other....

On the theme of nostalgia H, what you're actually doing is foisting the post-modern equivalent of your highly personal, lovingly-crafted, deeply shit mix tape on to others to whom it means less than zero. Oh well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On the theme of nostalgia H, what you're actually doing is foisting the post-modern equivalent of your highly personal, lovingly-crafted, deep shit mix tape on others to whom it means less than zero. Oh well.

And yet you regularly come back for more (and another sneer). Oh well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This recent trend for, quite frankly ludicrous, music related fluff threads has got me thinking it's been way and I mean WHAYYYY too long since my last mushroom picking prog, acid folk drenched, deep purple flag waving heavy rock Ritchie Blackmore pimping (with a hint of Lord), Captain Beyond discipling, Bloodrocking, Cressida toting, May Blitzing, thread of musical delight.

Oh, look at the pixie dance.

Awash on the green shores of the seven seas of herbal teas.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This recent trend for, quite frankly ludicrous, music related fluff threads has got me thinking it's been way and I mean WHAYYYY too long since my last mushroom picking prog, acid folk drenched, deep purple flag waving heavy rock Ritchie Blackmore pimping (with a hint of Lord), Captain Beyond discipling, Bloodrocking, Cressida toting, May Blitzing, thread of musical delight.

Oh, look at the pixie dance.

Awash on the green shores of the seven seas of herbal teas.

I’m not sure NSC is the place for any old school heavy metal and acid rock, if you start a thread I’ll be in there with some Uriah Heap though, about the only metal band I like :smile:

No Black Sabbath though OK?

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I’m not sure NSC is the place for any old school heavy metal and acid rock, if you start a thread I’ll be in there with some Uriah Heap though, about the only metal band I like :smile:

No Black Sabbath though OK?

My O/H was up on stage with Uriah Heep....craftily arranged with Mick Box, at the bar. She was horrified (but secretly delighted. :) )

335400_304643429556337_855025792_o.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here is anotjer example....it made me dell nostalgic the first time I heard it, when it was released.

Someone has added a nice vid to it.

And apologies for posting another example of ludicrous obscure music :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGiDbIVhgkM

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here