Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Thoughts with Mr bell John Westwood today

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He has a very good point, there were fans in Southampton shirts at an ENGLAND game, I saw them on TV, so why can't a supporter wear a shirt from another club in ENGLAND

Would they have barred a supporter in a Brighton shirt

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
He has a very good point, there were fans in Southampton shirts at an ENGLAND game, I saw them on TV, so why can't a supporter wear a shirt from another club in ENGLAND

Would they have barred a supporter in a Brighton shirt

True. But why wear a Pompey shirt in the first place? No other reason than to attract attention. Which he has done, so he'll be pleased.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
To be fair, this is a reasonable argument. Should he have worn a Portsmouth shirt to Southampton's ground for an England game? I don't think it should matter - it wasn't a game involving either Portsmouth or Southampton, so it shouldn't be a problem. Personally, I think he should have just gone in England colours if he wanted to, wearing Portsmouth branded gear isn't particularly clever but also not exactly the worst thing a person could do.

The worst part about the story is that he's stitched (or had stitched) a Portsmouth badge onto his leather coat. That's a level of "dedication" which is totally beyond me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be fair, this is a reasonable argument. Should he have worn a Portsmouth shirt to Southampton's ground for an England game? I don't think it should matter - it wasn't a game involving either Portsmouth or Southampton, so it shouldn't be a problem. Personally, I think he should have just gone in England colours if he wanted to, wearing Portsmouth branded gear isn't particularly clever but also not exactly the worst thing a person could do.

The worst part about the story is that he's stitched (or had stitched) a Portsmouth badge onto his leather coat. That's a level of "dedication" which is totally beyond me.

He's covered from head to toe in Portsmouth tatoos, and has changed his name by deed poll to 'John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood', and you think the most extreme bit is his COAT? :mad:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Personally, I didn't ever think I'd say this about him, I have some sympathy. Was there a dress code mentioned on the ticket ? How come they allow flags mentioning different clubs from around the country at England games ? It was just Southampton stewards being knobs.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He's covered from head to toe in Portsmouth tatoos, and has changed his name by deed poll to 'John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood', and you think the most extreme bit is his COAT? :mad:

:lolol: To be fair, in the first picture in the article, he's hiding the tatts pretty well. And plenty of people have Albion related tattoos - I understand them more than stitching a club badge onto a coat!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

And he stinks.
He walked right past me on his way to the away end at Plymouth, that stuff he wears all the time looked like it had never been washed and he just looked very dirty causing the stench he left behind as he walked by.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
For arguments sake lets say the match had been at the Amex and he turned up with a palace shirt etc? What would peoples views be then?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dickhead, no sympathy from me, and quite thick to turn up in a Pompey shirt given who he is too. Haven’t read the article but he is no doubt revelling in the publicity.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We just have his side at present.

We don't know he's not walking up to the turnstiles singing Pompey or anti-Saints songs, or just being a **** in general. He then goes to the press saying 'it's only because of my shirt'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If it had never even occurred to him that turning up at an England game at Southamptons ground sporting a Pompey shirt *might* cause him an issue, then I fear he may be even stupider than he looks.

Stewards were being divs as well, but he gave them every opportunity to. No sympathy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here