Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Thoughts with Mr bell John Westwood today

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Look at the state of that FFS. Looks a right twunt.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No, no he isn't.
However, he wears his colours proudly, doesn't give a shit about any other club, doe's his own thing, and thoroughly enjoys it.

Good luck to him, I say...

Came unstuck doing his own thing last night though didn't he.

As has been mentioned though, as per usual, I suspect he's absolutely lapping up the publicity. He'd probably already emailed the local rag with his "story" before the first Kosovo goal had flown in.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
3B3CCE55-49DD-4D15-BA53-25CD12231044.jpeg

Doesn’t take himself very seriously, always ready to have a laugh and a chat.
He even posed for a photo the last time I met him.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I am sure that if there ever were to be a Full England International at the Amex stadium and one our Crystal Palace :shit: chums arrived wearing their club colors there would no problems with either admission or their overall match day experience .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Came unstuck doing his own thing last night though didn't he.

As has been mentioned though, as per usual, I suspect he's absolutely lapping up the publicity. He'd probably already emailed the local rag with his "story" before the first Kosovo goal had flown in.

Two weeks before the first Saints v Pompey derby game in years (an evening game, unwisely NOT subject to any 'bubble' arrangement), with tensions already simmering locally.

The chap knew exactly what he was doing. No sympathy at all.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I am sure that if there ever were to be a Full England International at the Amex stadium and one our Crystal Palace :shit: chums arrived wearing their club colors there would no problems with either admission or their overall match day experience .

They'd just set off some fireworks and jump over the barriers.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
For arguments sake lets say the match had been at the Amex and he turned up with a palace shirt etc? What would peoples views be then?

I'm sure if a first team England game is ever held at the Amex there will be Palace flags like there would be at any other ground hosting an England game, just like there would be Brighton flags so not sure why shirts make a difference

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I was at the game against Macedonia in 2002 and he was a couple of rows in front of me. Seen him numerous times home and away following England and I'd never seen him wearing a shirt until that night when you guessed it he was wearing a Pompey shirt. Few Saints tried to have a pop in the ground but didn't try very hard (he's a lump of a man) and seemed quite happy to be held back by stewards. In the end he agreed with the stewards to take said shirt off which was probably worse as the bloke is covered in Pompey tattoos.

Looks like he was up to the same antics 17 years on. Fair play to him for doing it but poor show for running to the press.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
According to the FA, the match-day crowd safety operation was led by Southampton.

A Southampton FC statement said: ‘The police and safety plan around the game stipulated that any fan in this scenario would not be admitted for safety and security reasons.
This was communicated to the fan in question on multiple occasions ahead of his arrival at the stadium.

So was this just on the day of the game after he arrived in Southampton, or well ahead of the game before he traveled.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
According to the FA, the match-day crowd safety operation was led by Southampton.

A Southampton FC statement said: ‘The police and safety plan around the game stipulated that any fan in this scenario would not be admitted for safety and security reasons.
This was communicated to the fan in question on multiple occasions ahead of his arrival at the stadium.

So was this just on the day of the game after he arrived in Southampton, or well ahead of the game before he traveled.

What on earth does this mean "that any fan in this scenario would not be admitted" ? What scenario ? You can't seriously tell me not a single other fan turned up in their club colours ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What on earth does this mean "that any fan in this scenario would not be admitted" ? What scenario ? You can't seriously tell me not a single other fan turned up in their club colours ?

They were probably half expecting him to turn up in his full regalia, complete with that stupid great hat.

He's decided to make himself into a high-profile "local celebrity fan", he courts the attention. So if he rocks up at Southampton in full Pompey garb looking to gain access into an unsegregated area, then he can't be THAT surprised to be turned away.

If I'd gone to that game last night, he is absolutely the LAST person I would've wanted to end up sitting next to.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Having stood near him on a packed Falmer train after a game I was nearly sick because of his foul stench [emoji2961]

Maybe they didn’t let the soap dodger in for that reason?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here