Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Australia- 5th Ashes Test- The Oval- Thursday 12th September 2019

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm pretty sure Bairstow just said to get the 'shit stirrer' out (Wade).

So, getting a bit gobby again today out there ? I know warner always has plenty to say although Michael Vaughn suggested yesterday that Warner should concentrate on talking with his bat.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I'm pretty sure Bairstow just said to get the 'shit stirrer' out (Wade).

You heard correct. Wade fields at short leg and stands right under the grill when a new batsman takes guard, muttering complete sh1t. Wade is also the one rumoured to have started sledging Bairstow about his fathers suicide.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Feel sorry for Broad and Archer imparticular, they’ve bowled incredibly most of the series and should have done enough to win the series, particularly without Anderson. A draw would reflect the series but without the sandpaper crocodile crybaby Smith I think England would have won this series comfortably.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Feel sorry for Broad and Archer imparticular, they’ve bowled incredibly most of the series and should have done enough to win the series, particularly without Anderson. A draw would reflect the series but without the sandpaper crocodile crybaby Smith I think England would have won this series comfortably.

Definitely. Take Smith’s runs away and replace him with someone averaging 35 and it’d have been 4-0.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Definitely. Take Smith’s runs away and replace him with someone averaging 35 and it’d have been 4-0.

Which is remarkable really considering how England have batted throughout most of the series, it’s been an entertaining series but both England and Australia have serious problems in test cricket batting wise. On the other hand the standard of bowling has been probably the highest I’ve seen in an Ashes series overall.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Yes I have a feeling it may be about the Windies and Indias of my yooth around the hot summer of 76, slow BBC TV coverage.

The Oval 1978.

The pitch was a batting paradise that stayed throughout the game in those days. Harry Brind, referred to in the opening post, was the groundsman.

India got 430 odd, only a few short. Gavaskar scored a double ton in an opening stand of 200 odd.

Gavaskar was a genius.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't know if anyone feels the same but if the ball is pitching outside but is hitting the stumps is a load of old bollocks that they can't be out. If it is hitting the stumps it's out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Archer and Wade have played together quite regularly as well, but they seem to hate the sight of each other. Archer up to 95MPH and getting right in his face, good tactic seems to be don’t make Jofra angry.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here