Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Australia- 5th Ashes Test- The Oval- Thursday 12th September 2019

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
2-2 draw is so much better than a 3-1 defeat. Why is there so much fuss about a little urn of ashes anyway?

Having said that, the highest target to win a test match ever is due to be beaten, and I wouldn't put it past Smith and a few underperforming Aussie batsmen to give it ago in the next few days.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
2-2 draw is so much better than a 3-1 defeat. Why is there so much fuss about a little urn of ashes anyway?

Having said that, the highest target to win a test match ever is due to be beaten, and I wouldn't put it past Smith and a few underperforming Aussie batsmen to give it ago in the next few days.

Warner is still a huge threat unless, of course, we can pin him early again. Made a few runs here last time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Warner is still a huge threat unless, of course, we can pin him early again. Made a few runs here last time.

Really, he has not pulled up trees the only performer has been the chief cheater Smith

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Really, he has not pulled up trees the only performer has been the chief cheater Smith

No, he hasn't. He's had a dreadful series. But he's still a class player. That's why England need to be all over him at the start again.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Morning predictions anyone?

The way this Ashes series has gone I wouldn't be surprised if we lose our last two wickets cheaply and are then in the field for two days as Smith and his cronies grind out a winning run chase, sad as that is.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I was surprised when TMS just said highest ever successful 4th innings run chase at the oval is 290 odd.

Only two teams have scored more than 400 runs to draw and lose games.

I always think of dry flat pitches at the Oval that are batters friends.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Labuschagne absolutely fuming effing and blinding as he leaves, he’s had a good series but I find his face very irritating. BYE :lolol:

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I'm pretty sure Bairstow just said to get the 'shit stirrer' out (Wade).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was surprised when TMS just said highest ever successful 4th innings run chase at the oval is 290 odd.

Only two teams have scored more than 400 runs to draw and lose games.

I always think of dry flat pitches at the Oval that are batters friends.

Maybe it's because we are old enough to remember Sunil Gavaskar batting for hours and hours at The Oval for a double ton ?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
In this interview Stuart Broad still looks like he's 22 but with fake facial hair

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here