Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Australia- 5th Ashes Test- The Oval- Thursday 12th September 2019

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
To win this test we have to get Smith out twice..... If we don`t get him out today we are going to struggle.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
To win this test we have to get Smith out twice..... If we don`t get him out today we are going to struggle.

Thanks Sherlock.

I’m surprised Woakes was brought back here, bowling at least 1 loose ball an over.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That’s going down leg.

:lolol: Clipping leg, not sure about that

Same here. Look where it pitches. HawkEye claiming it would straighten. Curran arms the ball across. Any movement would take it down leg. Unless the technology thinks he's bowling off cutters for some insane reason.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
NSC Cricket Trivia:

Who was the first umpire to officiate in every Test playing nation as what at the time ?

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Same here. Look where it pitches. HawkEye claiming it would straighten. Curran arms the ball across. Any movement would take it down leg. Unless the technology thinks he's bowling off cutters for some insane reason.

Do you not think it was straightening due to a touch of swing?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Do you not think it was straightening due to a touch of swing?

I thought he ran across on that one rather than down. It didn't seem to swing before pitching.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Now in and amongst all the plaudits, how lucky is this guy? Nothing drops to fielders, plays and misses. Did he sell his soul after his ban!!??

There have been far better balls got batsmen out this series than the ones Smith is going numerous chances away from.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Watching Curran you have to question why the hell Overton was selected in the last test?

I did think the same. The left arm option is so useful on the shores. He swings it more than Starc for example. If anyone could unsettle Smith, or trap in front, it's him.

His main problem is over pitching. Can get expensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here