Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Australia- 5th Ashes Test- The Oval- Thursday 12th September 2019

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I know that it seems I am having a go at Root again but yet again he gets to 50 but cant go on to a big score perhaps he should watch Smith to see how it is done.

Smith is top three in the world at least, but you do make a valid point. Root needs a big score but I can’t see it happening all the time he is captain.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who is taking over from Trevor Bayliss when he goes? Should we look at perhaps Atherton, Vaughan or Stauuss?

Strauss is Bayliss’ boss - I doubt he’d want to take a step down.

I don’t think either Atherton or Vaughan have done any coaching.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A good partnership for the 9th wicket between Butler and Leach means a level day between the sides IMO
Be interesting how Australia do tomorrow with say 315 on the board.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Strauss is Bayliss’ boss - I doubt he’d want to take a step down.

I don’t think either Atherton or Vaughan have done any coaching.

Yep, all our top retiring players appear to like broadcasting roles rather than coaching. Langer has earned his stripes and is proving to be as successful as he was with the bat, but he did gain experience before he took the Aussie job.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Yep, all our top retiring players appear to like broadcasting roles rather than coaching. Langer has earned his stripes and is proving to be as successful as he was with the bat, but he did gain experience before he took the Aussie job.

Ramprakash has just been sacked as our batting coach hasn’t he? And Hick is an Australia coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ashley Giles is Bayliss’s boss

Strauss stepped down when his wife was diagnosed with cancer, he has this week been appointed as the chair of the ECB but the new coach is Giles call.

And Giles has been very praising of the work Chris Silverwood has been doing with the bowling, following his successful stint leading Essex to promotion to div1 then the title in 2017. Rather than flying these coaches in like talk of Mickey Arthur, an appointment from within the camp would seem a direction worth considering with Thorpe stepping us as a direct no.2. You've also got Collingwood in there to consider.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think if we don't get Warner early he could make a big one here.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You never know until the other team bat, but this looks a great batting track, ball coming on nicely, and an absolute shit-show for England after so many starts.

Aus 260-3 by the close.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Smith is top three in the world at least, but you do make a valid point. Root needs a big score but I can’t see it happening all the time he is captain.

I am not disputing Smiths ranking but many have said on here that Root is 4th best in which case there is a tremendous gap between 3rd and 4th.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Been the absolute highlight of this Ashes series. Unlucky you cheating ****.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Warner :lolol: Hes one of the few positives to come out of this series, seeing his smug face walking off for next nothing every match is a small mercy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
FFS Warner :facepalm:

Yep, got him early. Strange one though. Definitely heard something but it didn't look like it was close enough to the bat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here