Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Fireman Sam Banned

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Anyone remember Hartley Hare.
He was a right b@stard, media correspondent for the Peaky Blinders ???

Hartley hare looked like he mange, myxomatosis and malnutrition all at once.

hartley.jpg

Topov used to give me the creeps though. If that thing had appeared in my toy box I'd have burnt it in the garden...

topov.jpg

Back on track though, I think 'Firefighter' is an overtly aggressive word which encourages mindless watery violence towards defenceless burning objects. I am outraged, etc. :rolleyes:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

View attachment 115131

Topov used to give me the creeps though. If that thing had appeared in my toy box I'd have burnt it in the garden...

View attachment 115132

Back on track though, I think 'Firefighter' is an overtly aggressive word which encourages mindless watery violence towards defenceless burning objects. I am outraged, etc. :rolleyes:

noseybonk-bbc.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In an effort to encourage more women to become firefighters, the Lincolnshire fire service replace a male firefighter called “Sam” with characters called, err, Freddy and Filbert. :facepalm:

If that’s the aim, maybe replace Sam with George Clooney or Brad Pitt?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

View attachment 115131

View attachment 115132

:lolol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Its the ****wit Norman Price that needs banning. Should be in a young offenders prison.

When my kids used to watch Fireman Sam I found it odd Sam was ginger and the only ginger kid in the village had a single mum. Sam always did seem strangely fond of Norman and would indulge him a lot. Wink Wink.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
First they came of the Ghostbusters and I did nothing
Then they came for 007 and I did nothing
Then they came for Fireman Sam and I did nothing.....

As Postman Pat I am sh***ing myself.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
When my kids used to watch Fireman Sam I found it odd Sam was ginger and the only ginger kid in the village had a single mum. Sam always did seem strangely fond of Norman and would indulge him a lot. Wink Wink.

Sam has... hose.... in different area codes. :cool:

Turns out he's a stone cold Playa then..... :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Blimey - so they did. I think I have a photo of me aged about 6 with Welephant at my school.

When my son was fresh out of training, he had to take his turn in dressing up in the costume for Open days. He hated it!
:lolol:

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Seems reasonable

except for this bit.

"The reason more women don't want to be firefighters is because of images like Fireman Sam."

I am not convinced about this.

This. I'd like to see the evidence of all these would be firefighter women who are desperate to save lives, but can't because Fireman Sam.

I would suggest that if they are so troubled by a cartoon then perhaps they aren't made of the right stuff to enable them to run into burning buildings.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here