Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Fireman Sam Banned

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I watch it each day - I have a small young son, so don't peer at it on my lonesome but that Bing is a right cock. He's to blame for every wrongdoing or mishap in nearly every episode and all he has to do is occasionally say sorry via his wet sock father or throw his anger into a cloud. He's everything I don't want my son to be, apart from the rabbit side of things.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I watch it each day - I have a small young son, so don't peer at it on my lonesome but that Bing is a right cock. He's to blame for every wrongdoing or mishap in nearly every episode and all he has to do is occasionally say sorry via his wet sock father or throw his anger into a cloud. He's everything I don't want my son to be, apart from the rabbit side of things.

It does make me crave Easy Peasy Cheesy Pasta.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Never a truer a word said.

10/10

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Why the F**k is everything a Bing thing.....? No they are normal things that everyone does, you can't just claim them to be 'Bing things'. Bloody megalomaniac if you ask me.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
This. I'd like to see the evidence of all these would be firefighter women who are desperate to save lives, but can't because Fireman Sam.

I would suggest that if they are so troubled by a cartoon then perhaps they aren't made of the right stuff to enable them to run into burning buildings.

I have 2 daughters that have both left school and have chosen career paths other than the Fire Service .

One was a keen Fireman Sam watcher , the other not interested in the program at all .

Perhaps if Fireman Sam was a female character ( Samantha ) they would be recusing cats from trees and saving people from burning buildings right now .:shrug:

There again maybe Samantha would have caused boys to have given the service a wide berth as at a young and impressionable age it might have been perceived to them as being not a suitable occupation for them .

If then we had a shortage of male Fire fighters would that be seen as a problem worthy of discussion or as something to savor and celebrate ?

I have 2 daughters that have both left school and have chosen career paths other than the Fire Service .

One was a keen Fireman Sam watcher , the other not interested in the program at all .

Perhaps if Fireman Sam was a female character ( Samantha ) they would be recusing cats from trees and saving people from burning buildings right now .:shrug:

There again maybe Samantha would have caused boys to have given the service a wide berth as at a young and impressionable age it might have been perceived to them as being not a suitable occupation for them .

If then we had a shortage of male Fire fighters would that be seen as a problem worthy of discussion or as something to savor and celebrate ?

https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/news/first-day-for-new-chief-fire-officer/

Hope this will inspire them - my late dad was a fireman for nearly 25 years.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My daughter did a big project on Firefighters last year in her reception class, including spraying a hose in the playground and doing loads of fire safety things. It was brilliant and she loved it.

Fireman Sam can do one.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I for one am furious that a provincial fire service isn't going to use a kid's TV character in their promotional materials. The fact they're doing it to make a statement about gender equality makes my blood boil.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Is the Trumpton Fire Brigade institutionally sexist?

I for one am furious that a provincial fire service isn't going to use a kid's TV character in their promotional materials. The fact they're doing it to make a statement about gender equality makes my blood boil.

...and this why we must leave the EU as it is all their fault :)

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

bing.jpg
I did GCSE Biology and using this BBC image as an example have the opinion Flop is not the father.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
First they came of the Ghostbusters and I did nothing
Then they came for 007 and I did nothing
Then they came for Fireman Sam and I did nothing.....

As Postman Pat I am sh***ing myself.
[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Does this mean postman pat will have to change his name "postal service distributor pat" doesnt have the same ring to it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here