Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Fireman Sam Banned

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not to mention the Clangers. I don't trust them, they could be saying anything.

And what's to say they weren't involved in the events of Independence Day? Maybe they were the brains behind the alien invasion, good job Will Smith stepped up.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Thank God. It's bloody awful.

Also, they're not "banning fireman Sam", they're just not using it as a PR tool anymore.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hectors' House, now he was a grade a Gammon

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In an effort to encourage more women to become firefighters, the Lincolnshire fire service replace a male firefighter called “Sam” with characters called, err, Freddy and Filbert. :facepalm:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not to mention the Clangers. I don't trust them, they could be saying anything.

And what's to say they weren't involved in the events of Independence Day? Maybe they were the brains behind the alien invasion, good job Will Smith stepped up.

Clangers are just non binary Martian wxxkers!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Thank God. It's bloody awful.

Also, they're not "banning fireman Sam", they're just not using it as a PR tool anymore.

While being more accurate "Fireman Sam not to be used in promotional materials" doesn't quite make for such a catchy headline.

I think the term fireman was replaced by firefighter up to 20 years ago by fire brigades, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to be asking that TV programmes finally catch up.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
[QUOTE
What next Bill and Ben banned until they become Jill and Ben and Little Weed becomes Budding Flower[/QUOTE]

The lead female character in "Two Point Four Children" is called Bill.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Goodness only know what todays viewers would think about the gratuitous road rage portrayed in Wacky Races and the fact that the lone female Penelope Pitstop was more interested in her make-up than racing

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Seems reasonable

except for this bit.

"The reason more women don't want to be firefighters is because of images like Fireman Sam."

I am not convinced about this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here