Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Six months since last home win..

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
We owe Burnley big time after the home game last season. GP’s offensive rather than defensive outlook, we see us win this time.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There is only about 1% of fans who post on fans websites and who attend games so everyone can rest easy with stats like that for now

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There is only about 1% of fans who post on fans websites and who attend games so everyone can rest easy with stats like that for now

The football has been good to be fair. But it has come at a cost. We look utterly shit at the back. Watch how vulnerable we are when being counter attacked.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The football has been good to be fair. But it has come at a cost. We look utterly shit at the back. Watch how vulnerable we are when being counter attacked.
You have to cut the Manager a bit of slack. He doesn't have experience at this level yet. These sort of tactics can work well in one off matches but to play it successfully for a full season needs the players to believe they can do it every week.

I'm not sure they can but you have to give them the opportunity to see if they can.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You have to cut the Manager a bit of slack. He doesn't have experience at this level yet. These sort of tactics can work well in one off matches but to play it successfully for a full season needs the players to believe they can do it every week.

I'm not sure they can but you have to give them the opportunity to see if they can.
We simply don't have the playing budget or quality to use this type of formation. With a manager with no experience in this league like you say makes it even worse.

Clean sheets will be a rarity.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Reminds me of Saints poor run at St Mary’s over the last couple of seasons. I believe Chelsea and Leicester both had more wins at St Mary’s over a 12 month period than Saints at one stage.

Our home form is a worry and it’s also why we have a new manager. Hoping to break the sequence at the weekend, likely to be tough though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Quite, teams are built from the back.
We still have good CBs, but with FBs so high, they are being regularly exposed.

If you are a ‘big’ team you can play ‘gung-ho’ football, because you have better players. Personally, I would like to see a combination of both approaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Reminds me of Saints poor run at St Mary’s over the last couple of seasons. I believe Chelsea and Leicester both had more wins at St Mary’s over a 12 month period than Saints at one stage.

Our home form is a worry and it’s also why we have a new manager. Hoping to break the sequence at the weekend, likely to be tough though.

Yes, despite my concern I think this is the week we get a win.

AJ winner (I am being serious).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Feck missing the football to listen to Brian Cox talking about planets and stuff, it would be like me banging on about plumbing for 2 hours. :D
Anything to keep her happy atm..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Saturday will be very tough but I'm happy to see the football we are playing now. Far more entertaining. Never seem to do very well against Burnley so not expecting too much but as long as the footy is nice I'm happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here