Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Kosovo 7.45 tonight @ St Mary's (capacity 32,505)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He has plenty of time and games ahead of him where he can be that difference, the player that carries a team on his back, to greatness.
If he does all the 'world class' plaudits will be well earned and rightly deserved.

By this (nonsense) logic, Lionel Messi isn’t world class.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He looks like ‘Man City’ Sterling for England now. If Southgate doesn’t take him off, it just feels like we could hit 8+ goals with him being virtually unstoppable tonight.

Since that great goal against Spain, he hasn’t looked back. Seemed to have a mental block before then about scoring.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Agree, some people are stuck with nostalgia tinted specs on.

Being in the old terraced Wembley for a 100,000 crowd at an England game was awesome. You cant beat that but we will never see the like of that again. By the time of its demise the old wembley was a really shit stadium and facilities. I dont miss that old wembley.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More shit defending from England. Nice goal, we need to send the recruitment team to watch Kosovo players. Work permit problems could rear their head again though :smile:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Being in the old terraced Wembley for a 100,000 crowd at an England game was awesome. You cant beat that but we will never see the like of that again. By the time of its demise the old wembley was a really shit stadium and facilities. I dont miss that old wembley.

Saw some magical England matches there in the 70’s, taken up in a convoy of school coaches.

By the time of the 91 play off final, Wembley was a rusting dump.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Thanks for the geography lesson but that doesn't explain why this match is being played so close to the national stadium. Should be in the north west or north east where people coming to the game could get home the same day!

Its any closer to the national stadium than many northern grounds they are just spreading it round more. Just because Wembley is in London doesnt mean the whole of the south east and west of England should never see an England game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Man, it is nice to watch a game without VAR isn’t it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Penalty Kosovo

5-3

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
More shit defending from England. Nice goal, we need to send the recruitment team to watch Kosovo players

Our defence looks good until it has to defend from a mistake. How many goals do we concede from poor play in the middle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a great game of football

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Not going to argue about the atmosphere, I saw plenty of England qualifiers there and of course our three matches but it was past it's day. Bit like wishing we were playing at a decrepit Goldstone rather than the Amex!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here