Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Kosovo 7.45 tonight @ St Mary's (capacity 32,505)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Seems we have different definitions of World Class on here.

For me it means someone who can do it at the top level. I think Kane and Sterling are both at least potentially world class.

Ronaldo and Messi are in a different universe to any other player in world history, so can’t really use them as a barometer, otherwise it’s just those 2 and no one else.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

For me it means someone who can do it at the top level. I think Kane and Sterling are both at least potentially world class.

Ronaldo and Messi are in a different universe to any other player in world history, so can’t really use them as a barometer, otherwise it’s just those 2 and no one else.

Messi and Ronaldo have warped the standard of world class.

They are in the top 3 players of all time

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Up. To. The. Ref. To. Stop. The. Game. Not. The. Players.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Agreed, there is huge potential there with time on their side. :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn’t be gutted if we signed a couple of these Kosovo players on what I have seen tonight. Technically some good players in this team

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How does playing 28 games against shite opposition and not winning the other 10 games make Kane's CV any better?

Not sure that's relevant as no one is arguing that Kane is more 'world class' than Mbappe. They are two world class players, end of.

Kane scores goals, it's his job. Same as Lineker, and is anyone arguing that he wasn't world class?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Messi and Ronaldo have warped the standard of world class.

They are in the top 3 players of all time

Indeed. The problem is that people are saving world class for those two. That's not fair. World class is the top tier of players. The players you'd put in a squad of the year. Not just two players. The top 20 or 30 players.
It's like saying Stokes isn't world class because he isn't Steve Smith.
Kane would get into any club or national squad, and probably team. He is world class. As i said before, he just isn't flair and people conflate the two things.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its hardly a good advert to playing away from Wembley, atmosphere is dreadful, need to play these games up north. Without the band as well as England fans have forgotten how to make an atmosphere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sterling sets up another one and how well taken was that by Sancho

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here