Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Kosovo 7.45 tonight @ St Mary's (capacity 32,505)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So the ref books a player for encroaching, that didn't look anything of the sort, but then can't spot the keeper a yard off his line as Kane strikes the ball?

Get the priorities wrong I think ref?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Its any closer to the national stadium than many northern grounds they are just spreading it round more. Just because Wembley is in London doesnt mean the whole of the south east and west of England should never see an England game.

Think you need a geography lesson. And here it is. Soton is 106 miles from Wembley as the crow flies. Aston Villa in the midlands is 152 miles away! Take your point about the west of England but surely you're not suggesting that people in the south east don't have relatively easy access to Wembley?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Have to laugh at the commentators big build up of Harry Kane's penalty expertise.......

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
-Women's world cup: "FFS, why all this fuss over the goalkeeper's feet. Of course they're gonna step off the line. You're killing the game with all these retakes"
-City v west ham, Opening game of the premier league season: "WTF? Why are they disallowing him for stepping off the line. Oh, why's the second one not retaken, eh? This is ridiculous pettiness. We need to stop interferring. How many penalties are there going to be if we keep retaking them for such a small thing as the keeper being a step off the line. It's killing the game!" ("erm, actually, it was for declan rice encroaching" " whatever, VAR is killing the game")
-England v Kosovo: "His feet are off the line! His feet are off the line! There's no VAR tonight. His feet are off the line!!"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Top end of Prem and latter stages of Champs League don’t count?

Only World Cup final? Or what?

Sterling was ordinary in the World Cup, so was Kane after the group stages.

You seriously think both compare to Messi, or Ronaldo who I would say are world class?

Personally, I think we throw the term around too much....

Great players though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Think you need a geography lesson. And here it is. Soton is 106 miles from Wembley as the crow flies. Aston Villa in the midlands is 152 miles away! Take your point about the west of England but surely you're not suggesting that people in the south east don't have relatively easy access to Wembley?

You need a transport lesson Birmingham is a high speed train link away and Soton is the M3, M25 and shitty southern train link away. During rush hour at a midweek game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How can Sterling be denied by a post Mr Commentator?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You need a transport lesson Birmingham is a high speed train link away and Soton is the M3, M25 and shitty southern train link away. During rush hour at a midweek game.

South Western and normally a good service

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Number 1 rule when watching England: Tyldesley = :wanker:

Try listening to Waddle on 5Live: “he give it too early”, “them type of players”. Effing hell, I understand he didn’t study anything at school, because he was too busy playing footie or growing his mullet. But he’s had what, 20 years to learn how to at least put a coherent sentence together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here