Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Are you featured on the internet?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Following on from the Little Mix thread.

Does a photo of YOU come up on the internet if searched with the right information?

Not sure if I should be gutted or pleased but I can't find one of me. I guess plenty of you will show up on Linkedin?

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
yes, a few years ago, when i was working in Winson Green nick. My mate and i won a NOMS award and we had our picture taken outside the front of the prison. Been taken off google now.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not sure what a photo adds, or should add to a LinkedIn profile, unless it’s one of those hilarious pics of your dog, kids or you bungee jumping (as if anyone would be interested).

Sorry, I can’t stand LinkedIn!!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It's useful so that people you come across at work recognise you. People are notoriously crap with names.

I’m being facetious here but if you don’t know their name how do you find them on LinkedIn? Let’s face it, the majority of interactions are generated by recruitment consultants that you have never met

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
My name's pretty unusual - I think I may be the first and only person in the world with this name. Google searching for my name, in quotes for exact matches only:

• 5 of the first page results are for me - only 1 has a photo (LinkedIn)
  • None of the other first page results refer to another person with my name
  • In the rest of the top 10 Google pages there is 1 reference to me and no references to anyone else with the same name

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not sure what a photo adds, or should add to a LinkedIn profile, unless it’s one of those hilarious pics of your dog, kids or you bungee jumping (as if anyone would be interested).

Sorry, I can’t stand LinkedIn!!

So you can check out if applicants / potential applicants are FIT, before offering them an interview, surely??

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A google search of my "firstname last name" is pretty definitive. The first four results are my own twitter / justgiving / facebook and instagram pages. Of the first 5 images 3 are of me (one as a kid, and two playing football). The other two are a newspaper article about a namesake leaving money to his six kids in his will, specifically to buy bibles, and a nice shot of a gravestone (also not mine).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Four pix from various work-related pages. In one (I call it 'channeling an angry builder'), taken nearly 20 years ago, I'm in my lab, wearing a BHA lesure shirt I bought from the Queen's Road store at the time. I still have it and it still fits me :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
File this thread under those others that when combined tells you quite a lot!

We have had:

What year were you born.
What month were you born
Who do you bank with
Where and when are you going on holiday

Just thinking of starting a what's your mothers maiden name thread now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here