Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Cyclist Scumbag

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn’t work because we are socially ****ed up, on a recent visit to Spain you can quite happily leave your bike/electric scooter outside a shop without fear of it being nicked. This country some drug addled dickhead would nick it in a flash.

True enough.
But throughout my 2 score years and 10 I doubt I've been 'lock free' for longer than the 10, unless I happen to be on particularly shite bike.

I had one once, that should have been condemned.
When in the village, often I'd return to where I'd abandoned it and with great relief it would be gone.
Only for it to be returned by a friend, or friend of friend, who had 'borrowed' it earlier. :lol:

Now I'm of an age where I'm prone to leave my car keys in the ignition.
That's always still there when I get back.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
For a 27 mile commute I have access to 26 miles of cycle path but only use about 2 miles of path as the rest either isn't fit for purpose or just unsafe.

Reminded me of a cycle lane I saw last week coming out of Little Common on the A259. Seemed OK for a mile or so (I still wouldn't be tempted though along that stretch) & it was also a shared pavement for a little way, but then, because the path basically disappeared into an overgrown mess, it directed bikes back onto the main A259 carriageway & on to a narrow strip 2ft wide just inches from the cars. Then the "cycle lane" petered out to nothing within half a mile by the Lamb Inn, leaving any bike riders at the mercy of 50mph+ cars and lorries. Shocking planning by whoever though that was a good idea. I appreciate that NCN2 goes along Sluice Lane further South (still very narrow with cars passing inches away though), but that whole stretch of verge between Little Common and Pevensey could easily be cleared to make a safe 2 lane bike path alongside the main A259.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
well he's clipped a pedestrian , who has obviously had a word , gone back and put the nut in.............i hope he gets caught and fined for assault ....prick..!

err - I wasn't referring to the OP post, I was referring to the post I quoted. I'd have to be a complete and utter prick to defend the cyclist in the OP....

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Hhmm, so you are endorsing the one rule for cyclists one for others mentality, which clearly the knobhead in the video subscribes to. A red light is a red light for ALL road users, no exceptions (unless an emergency vehicle, obviously).

Not sure I'm endorsing it, just pointing out that self preservation trumps rules at times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1172551775829856258[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The amount of 'Petrol Slaves' me and Jnr overtook this morning riding 5 miles along the A259 to and from his football on this glorious September morning.

Enjoy your little metal coffins - slaves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here