Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] How much would you pay for an autograph?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I was at a cricket club dinner in 2007 and got a bit carried away in an auction for a cricket bat signed by the entire Sussex CCC squad who had just won the County Championship that year. Grizzly et al.

It's been sat in my conservatory for 10+ years and the sunlight has perished the rubber grip and fully FADED all the penned autographs - the typed list of names is still clear so I know who signed it.

I paid £250 - half went to one of the players benefit funds [RMJ I think] the other half went to the club.

Wonder what it's worth now?

#firewood

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have verified signed Mark Hamill and David Prose (Darth Vadar) from the early eighties. They are in investment as the value only increases.

Not that I would ever sell them!

I doubt you would get much for a signature from David Prose - you've been had!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My mates got me a signed Kerry Mayo (unused substitute) away shirt for my 30th birthday a few (ok, many) years back. Got it framed and hanging up in a games room of sorts. The frame's probably worth more than the shirt. My in-laws have got a manky scrap of paper framed and hanging on the wall. It's only when you get close to it can you make out the signatures of all four Beatles. Must be worth a fair bit.

Kerry Mayo must be worth a bit, but I doubt some scrap of paper with Beatles autographs is worth much, especially now two of them are dead now. By tbe way, what was the in-laws home address?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I had a few people sign merch and shit when I've been drunk at gigs years ago

Always wish I hadn't done it

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
I was the lucky winner of an Elliot Bennett signed match day shirt a few years back. It was for the REMF fund, so worth every penny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here