Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Car Parking for Sept 14th vs Burnley

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was hoping that somebody would suggest, not to the OP, but in general that a car or large van be parked in front of our goal to stop us conceding a goal we would then get at least 1 point.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was hoping that somebody would suggest, not to the OP, but in general that a car or large van be parked in front of our goal to stop us conceding a goal we would then get at least 1 point.

Didn't we basically try doing that for most of last season ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Didn't we basically try doing that for most of last season ?

Maybe we should do it again, at least we ensured our survival using that tactic. Very early days but l'm afraid my mojo is fast fading already. At the other end of the field how can we be sure of scoring enough goals having sent out on loan two of our senior strikers? Seems utter madness to me, but then what do l know?

I missed out last home game against Southampton, and l can't be bothered to go this Saturday either.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I am afraid that we will need to do the same this season or face The Championship. My brother and I have many arguments about this as he is convinced that GP will be a success, I am not so sure, but hoping.

What does Ben think of GP?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe we should do it again, at least we ensured our survival using that tactic. Very early days but l'm afraid my mojo is fast fading already. At the other end of the field how can we be sure of scoring enough goals having sent out on loan two of our senior strikers? Seems utter madness to me, but then what do l know?

I missed out last home game against Southampton, and l can't be bothered to go this Saturday either.

So you binned off the Southampton game after we'd won 3-0 at Watford, and got an entertaining 1-1 draw with West Ham ?

Blimey. You really don't fancy this Potter bloke at all do you.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thanks both, very helpful as always. If I aim to get there about 12 I assume should be fine for a space? I know we have one which fills very quickly but usually fine before 1

I usually aim for 1pm and there’s usually still space, so you’ll be fine at 12.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thanks for your help guys, it's much appreciated. I think I'll aim for the park and ride on Mill Road for 12ish to be safe! I assume this gets quite busy after full time so might be worth sticking around after the game for a while?

In terms of Lewes train station, would I be able to use this for free without having tickets on me?

Regarding post match, assuming that you’re in the (convenient) south/away stand, leaving on say 90 minutes for the park n ride will get you to your car at about 5.15 at Mill Road. Leaving after applauding Barnsey & co off, will add about 30 minutes to that, as you’ll stand in a big queue waiting for the return of the first wave of buses.

IF, god forbid, the Albion are losing by 2 or more goals near the end, you’d have to leave on 75 minutes to beat the herd.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
And if, by some slim chance you are 4-0 down at 70 mins, you can have a pee, buy a pie and be first in the queue for Mill Road.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So you binned off the Southampton game after we'd won 3-0 at Watford, and got an entertaining 1-1 draw with West Ham ?

Blimey. You really don't fancy this Potter bloke at all do you.

Admittedly l was away on my holibobs for the Saints visit, but the Watford game apart, results have been very poor, and our open expansive style of football, doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Admittedly l was away on my holibobs for the Saints visit, but the Watford game apart, results have been very poor, and our open expansive style of football, doesn't fill me with confidence either.

The only result you could really call poor is the Southampton one, and that was primarily thanks to having to play for an hour with 10 men. Even then we had plenty of the ball, played some enterprising stuff and could easily have got something from the game. You really really can't gauge anything from getting humped at City - better teams then us will get more severe beatings than that. We are simply nowhere near their level, and never will be.

We're in the very early process of bedding in a new system, and the SIGNS are that given time, it'll start to pay dividends. No guarantees of that obvs, but its curious to give up on them 4 games in, and with 4 points already on the board.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The multi story UoB carpark on Lewes Road is now open for Uni staff - I don’t know if it’s P&R this Saturday though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The only result you could really call poor is the Southampton one, and that was primarily thanks to having to play for an hour with 10 men. Even then we had plenty of the ball, played some enterprising stuff and could easily have got something from the game. You really really can't gauge anything from getting humped at City - better teams then us will get more severe beatings than that. We are simply nowhere near their level, and never will be.

We're in the very early process of bedding in a new system, and the SIGNS are that given time, it'll start to pay dividends. No guarantees of that obvs, but its curious to give up on them 4 games in, and with 4 points already on the board.

It's early days as you say, l just hope that come next May you will be proved right and l'll be proved wrong.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Odd post. One great result, one ok result, one expected result and one poor result directly attributable to an early sending off.

Good response

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Last match, I took the train from Seaford via Lewes to Falmer. Had my season ticket checked on the train twice and had to show my season ticket at Falmer to the remote comms system to get them to open the barrier and let me proceed to the stadium. Take the P & R and don't worry about wearing your colours unless you are going to back them up with a bit of typical Burnley fan banter. You know the stuff, accusing me and my son of being a gay couple because we're from Brighton, that kind of thing. Yes, that really happened from a train carriage of Burnley fans.

What time did you get to the ground? I've used the train from Wivelsfield, via Lewes (and the John Harvey Tavern) to Falmer and can't recall any time when my ticket has been checked to get through a barrier. Probably in the 9 seasons we've been there, about 2 or 3 times is has been checked on the train either to Lewes or on the way back from Brighton.

Gooders7592

Sep 10, 2019
Regarding post match, assuming that you’re in the (convenient) south/away stand, leaving on say 90 minutes for the park n ride will get you to your car at about 5.15 at Mill Road. Leaving after applauding Barnsey & co off, will add about 30 minutes to that, as you’ll stand in a big queue waiting for the return of the first wave of buses.

IF, god forbid, the Albion are losing by 2 or more goals near the end, you’d have to leave on 75 minutes to beat the herd.

Thank you for the information and I'll bear that in mind. Do you know what time the last Park & Ride bus leaves for Mill Road?

Gooders7592

Sep 10, 2019
Thanks for your help with this, it worked a treat. Got there about 12:30, had a couple of pints in 'Dickies Bar' which is probably one of the best football bars at a stadium I've been to. Very modern and well priced. The stadium itself is lovely and modern - the padded seats and leg room was a real treat compared to other stadiums.

Only downside was the queue to get out of Mill Road at the end (I should have listend to a previous poster about not clapping Barnes & co off!)

Best of luck for the season. Maupay is a real handful!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here