Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Car Parking for Sept 14th vs Burnley

Gooders7592

Sep 10, 2019
Good afternoon,

I am coming to the match on Saturday vs Burnley and it will be my first visit to the stadium. I do not live in the area and trying to do some research on my options. Please can anyone help with the best place to park is & the costs? Is there football parking near the ground which can pay on arrival?

I'm picking tickets up from the stadium so would assume this means I cannot use the free transort provided?

Thanks in advance!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Get to the Mill Road park n ride early, by say 12:30, the entrance is at the bottom of the hill (BN1 8YR is the nearest postcode for Sat Nav), and park there for free. Buses at no additional cost will take you to the ground.

Collect your tickets from the booths on the outside of the north side of the stadium.

Don't wear Burnley colours because of Hells Grannies.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The Park and Ride scheme runs from Mill Road - just as you enter Brighton off the A23. (Get there before 12.45 or it will be full).

Or you can park in Brighton and train it in (expensive option).

I have never yet had my ticket checked either on the train or at the Park and Ride stops in hundreds of journeys.

Or the Bridge Car Park, 5 minutes walk from the stadium, is £15 - you can book this online.

Glad to help

Hope you lose [emoji106]

Gooders7592

Sep 10, 2019
Thanks for your help guys, it's much appreciated. I think I'll aim for the park and ride on Mill Road for 12ish to be safe! I assume this gets quite busy after full time so might be worth sticking around after the game for a while?

In terms of Lewes train station, would I be able to use this for free without having tickets on me?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Thanks for your help guys, it's much appreciated. I think I'll aim for the park and ride on Mill Road for 12ish to be safe! I assume this gets quite busy after full time so might be worth sticking around after the game for a while?

In terms of Lewes train station, would I be able to use this for free without having tickets on me?

The Mill Road queue starts outside the Away end at full time. Stay inside for a beer for half an hour and the queue reduces
No one will check for a ticket at Lewes so you’ll be fine

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005

Match tickets are never checked at Lewes train station, you’ll be fine. The Lansdowne Arms pub right beside Lewes train station is good for a prematch pint, just don’t be larey and you’ll be fine. Parking at that train station is £6 for the day.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Last match, I took the train from Seaford via Lewes to Falmer. Had my season ticket checked on the train twice and had to show my season ticket at Falmer to the remote comms system to get them to open the barrier and let me proceed to the stadium. Take the P & R and don't worry about wearing your colours unless you are going to back them up with a bit of typical Burnley fan banter. You know the stuff, accusing me and my son of being a gay couple because we're from Brighton, that kind of thing. Yes, that really happened from a train carriage of Burnley fans.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Last match, I took the train from Seaford via Lewes to Falmer. Had my season ticket checked on the train twice and had to show my season ticket at Falmer to the remote comms system to get them to open the barrier and let me proceed to the stadium. Take the P & R and don't worry about wearing your colours unless you are going to back them up with a bit of typical Burnley fan banter. You know the stuff, accusing me and my son of being a gay couple because we're from Brighton, that kind of thing. Yes, that really happened from a train carriage of Burnley fans.
Hardly a shocker from Burnley fans

Gooders7592

Sep 10, 2019
Thanks guys and apologies for those Burnley fans previously. I'm going with the Mill Road P&R option, seems the easiest from where we're coming from as well.

The postcode a poster put in here (BN1 8YR) is different to what the club give (BN1 8ZF) - which is the best one and where is the actual location of it? I've tried looking on google maps but no luck!

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Thanks guys and apologies for those Burnley fans previously. I'm going with the Mill Road P&R option, seems the easiest from where we're coming from as well.

The postcode a poster put in here (BN1 8YR) is different to what the club give (BN1 8ZF) - which is the best one and where is the actual location of it? I've tried looking on google maps but no luck!

BN1 5LF will take you close enough to the roundabout, Mill Road is the exit.

Gooders7592

Sep 10, 2019

Okay, now you've confused me with a third postcode for this Park & Ride lol! To clarify, do I take the Mill Road exit (at either roundabout) drive down Mill Road and I should see it?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

So he asks which is best out of 2 and you give him a third, which isn’t within the park and ride site but street parking nearby. He’s already said he’ll get there at 12, so needs the entrance at the bottom of the hill!

That’ll be BN1 8ZF (the petrol station by the bridge). :thumbsup:

Gooders7592

Sep 10, 2019
So he asks which is best out of 2 and you give him a third, which isn’t within the park and ride site but street parking nearby. He’s already said he’ll get there at 12, so needs the entrance at the bottom of the hill!

That’ll be BN1 8ZF (the petrol station by the bridge). :thumbsup:

Thank you mate, much appreciated!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Okay, now you've confused me with a third postcode for this Park & Ride lol! To clarify, do I take the Mill Road exit (at either roundabout) drive down Mill Road and I should see it?

Just go down the A23 until you get to the big roundabout.....you’ll see the signs. Mill Road is the third exit round to the right, past the filling station and under the bridge

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Yes they shut Mill Road on match days use the whole road as a car park so you'll definitely find it. Got to the roundabout by Junction of A23 and A27 and to the left of the petrol station under the bridge:

Screenshot 2019-09-11 at 13.25.54.png

Screenshot 2019-09-11 at 13.27.52.png

Gooders7592

Sep 10, 2019
Thanks both, very helpful as always. If I aim to get there about 12 I assume should be fine for a space? I know we have one which fills very quickly but usually fine before 1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here