Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Merry Christmas everyone!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I just like the fact that my current iPhone will be even more powerful due to yet another software update. Whilst all of those LOSERS on Android will be stuck on whatever version they had when they bought their phone from Argos.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can't get excited until the word "theatre" is spelt correctly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Loving the obvious inferiority complex of all non Apple phone users on this thread :wink:

I wouldn't even bother opening a thread about Android devices...because I have no interest. What makes Android owners come on here venting their bitterness on a make of phone they have no intention of buying?? :smile: (I guess opening it is OK as it has a Christmas title )

Nobody is going to strong arm you into buying one :lolol:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
20190904_121517-1.jpg

So it's not a thread about Supermarkets already having Christmas food on the shelves

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
One rumour ahead of today’s big reveal is that iPhones are moving to USB-C.

I have been using the USB C on my Mac Book Pro for about 18 months now, and still feel the world around me needs to catch up, I will be so happy when I do not have to use (and often forget) the adapters. In fact one of my clients has an adapter spare now, for when I forget mine.

If the phones all go USB-C this should speed up this process, the speed and charging time is so much better with a C.

boik

Loving the obvious inferiority complex of all non Apple phone users on this thread :wink:

I wouldn't even bother opening a thread about Android devices...because I have no interest. What makes Android owners come on here venting their bitterness on a make of phone they have no intention of buying?? :smile:

Thats probably because no-one would be pretentious enough to start a "look at me" Android thread. I've got an iPhone that I inherited, so I'm actually a user, but would never buy one.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I just like the fact that my current iPhone will be even more powerful due to yet another software update. Whilst all of those LOSERS on Android will be stuck on whatever version they had when they bought their phone from Argos.

I got Android 10 last week. I just had to take it into the Elizabeth Duke counter at Argos.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

I wouldn't even bother opening a thread about Android devices...because I have no interest. What makes Android owners come on here venting their bitterness on a make of phone they have no intention of buying?? :smile: (I guess opening it is OK as it has a Christmas title )

Maybe they’re the same people who like to go on to threads about women’s football to vent their bitterness about a sport they’ve no intention of watching! I LOVE my Omsung, by the way.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

:lolol::lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Laughing at those who continue to be mugged-off by the superiority-complex feeding Apple price tariffs.

A new phone every year? Pah! My android is good for 3-4 years and the battery too - they should change the apple logo from a bite out of an apple to a bite out of your wonga ....

My iPhone 7 Plus I’m typing this on is three years old , give or take a few days. Still in fantastic condition given how I treat it and how many times I’ve dropped it.

There’s nothing in the rumours around today’s releases that suggests I’ll be changing so right now I expect to be typing next year’s version of this thread on the very same old phone.

The Apple tariff thing is somewhat lazy though. The last time I looked, the flagship Android phones from the likes of Samsung cost the same as top-line iPhones. There are, of course, many budget options in Android-land too.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Yes, it's that day of the year we all wait for with great anticipation..

It's the day that makes even grumpy old men feel like small children, eager to see what Santa has in his sack.

Santa, or Tim Cook as he is otherwise known, will take to the stage of the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park in Cupertino at 6pm BST today, Tuesday, to unveil the greatest phones the world has ever seen (until we do this all again in 2020 anyway).

The iPhone 11 Pro, the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the iPhone 11 are all expected to be revealed and, I'm sure, all manner of surprise goodies.

What are YOU most excited about?

Do you think they'll have caught up with Huawei or Samsung's latest offerings???

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Yes, it's that day of the year we all wait for with great anticipation..

It's the day that makes even grumpy old men feel like small children, eager to see what Santa has in his sack.

Santa, or Tim Cook as he is otherwise known, will take to the stage of the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park in Cupertino at 6pm BST today, Tuesday, to unveil the greatest phones the world has ever seen (until we do this all again in 2020 anyway).

The iPhone 11 Pro, the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the iPhone 11 are all expected to be revealed and, I'm sure, all manner of surprise goodies.

What are YOU most excited about?

That it's my Birthday :)

Although getting another year older is starting to ruin any excitement!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I like Braeburn and Cox apples. Golden Delicious are too wishy washy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That video the other year of the goon who'd queued for a week or whatever to be the first to get his iphone, only to get it out of the box in front of a reporter and promptly drop it, cracking the screen....I can't TELL you how happy that made me. It was a true punch-the-air moment. Glorious.

He looked...broken. Whenever I need cheering up, thats my go-to.

[yt]RjaxxC2bys0[/yt]

Lovely stuff.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My iPhone 7 Plus I’m typing this on is three years old , give or take a few days. Still in fantastic condition given how I treat it and how many times I’ve dropped it.

There’s nothing in the rumours around today’s releases that suggests I’ll be changing so right now I expect to be typing next year’s version of this thread on the very same old phone.

The Apple tariff thing is somewhat lazy though. The last time I looked, the flagship Android phones from the likes of Samsung cost the same as top-line iPhones. There are, of course, many budget options in Android-land too.

Sold my 7plus last month for a refurbed XR which was in pristine condition .....knowing there was no way i could afford any new one that comes out (i’m a sim only person)......i’m Interested in whether they update the watch, currently on series 2 and wouldn’t mind upgrading to the 4 at a reduced price.

By the way there is quite a speed difference when you do eventually sell your 7plus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here