Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] All Posts being marked read when I've only visited a couple of threads

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A couple of nights ago I kept getting the database notification. It was late so I went to bed. Ever since then, this oddity has been happening: I'll visit NSC and see a page full of unread threads. I look at a couple of them, probably no more than five minutes across the threads I look at. Then when I return to the big board, all threads have been marked as read. It didn't used to do that, at least not that quickly. I'd need to spend an age writing a long post in one thread for it to happen. I've not been spending that long catching up before they are marked as read.

When I haven't caught up with all the threads I want to read, it makes it impossible to jump to the first new post, so I have to work my way through the thread to find which page I last checked.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yup just looked at one thread, came back out and every thread has apparently been viewed. Ah well

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There was a technical issue a couple of nights ago which was resolved with some technical assistance from our hosts.

I don't use any of the features people are mentioning here, so I'd not noticed anything untoward, but I had tweaked a few settings when I was investigating the issue myself. Maybe I just need to remember what they were and change them back...

A couple of nights ago I kept getting the database notification. It was late so I went to bed. Ever since then, this oddity has been happening: I'll visit NSC and see a page full of unread threads. I look at a couple of them, probably no more than five minutes across the threads I look at. Then when I return to the big board, all threads have been marked as read. It didn't used to do that, at least not that quickly. I'd need to spend an age writing a long post in one thread for it to happen. I've not been spending that long catching up before they are marked as read.

When I haven't caught up with all the threads I want to read, it makes it impossible to jump to the first new post, so I have to work my way through the thread to find which page I last checked.
Erm, fixtures? As in near the top of page 1 fixtures?
https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?375262-Is-NSC-a-bit-broken

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can somebody PLEASE remove that picture. It's making my eyes hurt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here