Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Is NSC a bit broken?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Please stop quoting that image...

And back to the original topic of the thread ... Is NSC a bit broken? Categorically yes, and it will only get worse over time. Why? Because it's being run on an ancient vBulletin 4 code base with various cobbled together additions. It won't be viable long term and there's far better options available, assuming Bozza has the knowledge to be about to migrate the content from here into a new database.

Personally, I'd suggest Flarum. It's free, it's modern, and it's built from the ground up to be extendable.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Please stop quoting that image...

And back to the original topic of the thread ... Is NSC a bit broken? Categorically yes, and it will only get worse over time. Why? Because it's being run on an ancient vBulletin 4 code base with various cobbled together additions. It won't be viable long term and there's far better options available, assuming Bozza has the knowledge to be about to migrate the content from here into a new database.

Personally, I'd suggest Flarum. It's free, it's modern, and it's built from the ground up to be extendable.
Does it have a Thread Ignore function ? If so I'm IN.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Dunno about being broke but this is suddenly very NSFW.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It look like the revolting pictures [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] has posted has mended it. Having seen them, I'm not sure it was worth it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I've been trying to access NSC via 4G, among the Malvern hills.
I don't know whether NSC is broken or not, the signal keeps............

breaking up.
It is what it is :)

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Does it have a Thread Ignore function ? If so I'm IN.

It does. Although it needs a little tweaking to make it *really* do what the typical forum user is going to want from an ignore function.

Having said that ... it's now being used by giffgaff, so its development is going to speed up massively.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
NSC seems to be running slower than Glenn Murray today.

Anyone else ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
NSC seems to be running slower than Glenn Murray today.

Anyone else ?

Creaking badly assume it will go on strike shortly or we go into database error territory

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I've had database error several times, yesterday evening and this morning. I've only just got back in after 20 odd minutes of trying.

Suddenly working very well again for me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here