Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Can anyone recommend a TV repair service in the Eastbourne area?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The Samsung LED is unfortunately out of warranty and has now developed an intermittent fault whereby a black see through bar appears at top of the screen. When this happens its usually from start up and usually resolves itself after a few minutes.

Alternatively, any ideas on how to fix myself? Have checked all cables and nothing obviously amiss.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cost of repair relative to replacement may mean it's not worth bothering...........................have a TV repair man living in our road and he said it's barely worth repairing TVs these days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cost of repair relative to replacement may mean it's not worth bothering...........................have a TV repair man living in our road and he said it's barely worth repairing TVs these days.

Does he stand looking at the tv moving his fingers up and down in his hair whilst taking a long intake of breath followed by a head shake? :smile:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll never buy a TV warranty again, they are astonishingly reliable these days. My local has a couple of large Sony plasmas on the wall, they're on pretty much all day every day and have been for about the last 7-8 years, maybe longer. They're still going strong.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Thanks folks I will follow up on the suggestions. Aside from this recent issue it's a mid range Samsung that the mother in law has had for 6 years and the picture is stunning.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Thanks folks I will follow up on the suggestions. Aside from this recent issue it's a mid range Samsung that the mother in law has had for 6 years and the picture is stunning.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here