Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cashless Amex en route...

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
What if your card (like mine) doesn't do contactless payments?

It's no biggie for me because I very rarely use the bars at the Amex but, given the amount of times in shops that I'm waiting more than 30 seconds for a payment to go through, they'd better make sure they have a decent connection

Get a new card which does do contactless...?

Then again, if you rarely use the bars it's not a problem, for you or others.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
From what I hear notes are a vital part of a day at the football, whether it be at The Amex or wherever.

71k9-5O2bjL._SX355_.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I’m only here for the BG post where he says it won’t affect him as he never buys anything at the Amex because it’s all crap and overpriced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
The sweet stands are run separately by another supplier, so the little dears should still be able to get their bon bons.
Its more than just small children ------------- some of the bigger children are partial to Sweeties too !!!!!!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

It's no biggie for me because I very rarely use the bars at the Amex but, given the amount of times in shops that I'm waiting more than 30 seconds for a payment to go through, they'd better make sure they have a decent connection

Your card must nearing it's expiry date if it isn't contactless. Once you get your replacement it will be contactless.

What I find strange is that the club could have already had a cashless system if they'd continued with people being able to use their STs for payment as was the case before.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The programmes too?

Working with American Express and catering partner Sodexo, the stadium’s catering kiosks, hospitality bars, merchandise store and programme booths will switch to card payments only, for all matches and event days, by August 2020 or possibly even sooner.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
brilliant move

Though Im a bit concerned that this will mean an end to coin throwing yobs and a move to plastic wielding yobs.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
The problem with a fully cashless society is that it will make it very hard for two individuals to transfer cash. So if my pal is headed for the bar, I can't ask him to get me a drink while he's there - we both have to go, and there are two transactions instead of one.

And it's mildly annoying when people talk about "apps" as a solution. If the answer to the "problem" of cash is that everyone in the country must carry around a device that costs over £100 per year to run, then I'm not interested. Cash is free, and I don't lose so much or have so much stolen that an internet phone would be worth the money.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Fine mate. So I guessed how long paying cash takes based on my experience, so what's your guess? The total average transaction time for one customer and what the make up of this is if cash or card is involved

I'm guessing we're making the same point, that it will save a modest amount of time for each transaction, but it will add up

That's true

If you literally just throw your wallet at them

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Use your phone for contactless payment instead? Apple/Google pay will work with them and are used daily by millions of people.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The problem with a fully cashless society is that it will make it very hard for two individuals to transfer cash. So if my pal is headed for the bar, I can't ask him to get me a drink while he's there - we both have to go, and there are two transactions instead of one.

And it's mildly annoying when people talk about "apps" as a solution. If the answer to the "problem" of cash is that everyone in the country must carry around a device that costs over £100 per year to run, then I'm not interested. Cash is free, and I don't lose so much or have so much stolen that an internet phone would be worth the money.

Cash will be around for a good while

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here