Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Brighton Restaurant Recommendations

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Hi all, looking for a recommendation for a restaurant in the centre of Brighton.

We have some friends coming down this weekend who have never been to Brighton before and it's been a while since we ventured out in town other than to the more common chain restaurants. Therefore, we are looking for somewhere for four of us where we can take our time, have a good chat so no deafening music, and maybe a pub after? No special dietary requirements although I wouldn't rule out a vegetarian or vegan.

Would be great to hear some suggestions.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
GB1 at the Grand, the Coal Shed, the Salt Room, and the local “Ginger” chain are all pretty good for a special night out. All depends on budgets.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Petit Pois in Ship Street has a decent selection to cover most tastes - decent pub right opposite although I can't remember the name.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've always liked Browns. Never had a bad meal in there, it's got a bar a few doors down, and it's near the lanes.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Alushi's.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions. We've booked The Coal Shed, bon appetite!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions. We've booked The Coal Shed, bon appetite!

Hope it was OK and you had a good meal.
After my suggestion to you, our visit to the Salt Room today was disappointing for the first time. Steak done medium rare instead of medium, steak knife blunt, béarnaise sauce was split and the fish soup had a tomato base that overpowered the fish flavour. I am not normally too fussy but the prices they charge they need to get it right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here